Chapter Eight: Closer

Yo! I have a tumblr for this story. So here's the deal. You get to ask other characters what they're up to and ask these dudes questions. Thing is, these questions don't affect the story at all, think of the tumblr as questions they'd respond based on their current status in the story. Please interact with the tumblr if you can, I really want to hear from you guys and get more interaction as I love all your comments you make on my story, each one of you mean the world to me.

Bangs and clashes inside the storage room were heard but the abandoned hallway paid no attention nor made any noise loud enough to set the young boys free. Gundham tried his hardest to try and bust down the door holding him and Kazuichi inside the enclosed space but was extremely unsuccessful. As Gundham kept trying, Kazuichi was sitting near the mop bucket and the caution wet signs, staring off into space. He was still trying to recover from the shock of being shoved into the storage room, but that wasn't the only thing that was nagging onto him.

'Gundham put his hand over my mouth, and even held me,' the mechanic remembered those memories vividly. He didn't like having his sensories covered, it made him feel like he had no control. Gundham's grasp wasn't even one of reassurance, it was one that was done on reflex, a rough clasp around Kazuichi's mouth. It was gross.

"Augh, smite me!" Gundham let out before lowering his foot from the door. From the looks of it, Kaz could see that the Breeder's leg was visibly in pain. It was shaking violently on the floor beneath him, it had lost all his strength while kicking the door. The pink-haired male felt bad but not completely, as he was still mad at the breeder for covering his mouth before.

Gundham in defeat looked around the small area he was situated in. There was minimal space available for both of them. There were boxes filled with detergent, caution wet signs, a mop bucket, toiletries, and a small secluded space with a curtain that looked similar to a shower space. Nothing inside the room could help themselves alleviate their current predicament at all unless their problem was to clean the small space.

'Everyone should be in their classes at the moment, so no one will be passing by here anytime soon,' after that thought, Gundham let out a sigh of defeat, pulling out one of the boxes disposable in the room to sit on. The school day was just starting and now he was going to miss only his second day of his new school. Gundham came here so he wouldn't miss out on learning opportunities but now he was stuck in a closet with the pink hair mechanic that he still is having a dilemma with.

"Mortal, do you have a communication enchanting in which we are able to contact the other world?" Kazuichi stared blankly at him. Gundham made a hand sign holding it up to his ear, which made Kazuichi finally understand. Taking out his phone, he opened up to his contacts list. There weren't many numbers he called, only those of his friends and .. Gundham's contact which Kazuichi put into his phone over the weekend. 'Was Gundham even his friend?' the mechanic asked himself. 'We'd only just started talking, and even then it's only been a few sentences they exchanged already, so we're not friends. Just acquaintances at best. And that's all we'll ever be.'

Handing the phone to the Breeder, Kazuichi laid down on the unsanitary floor of the storage room to alleviate his back pain from sitting too long. "Mechanic, do you by any chance know of another mortal that might assist us in this predicament? I don't want to end up calling any of your companions that are part of this plan." Kazuichi tapped his chin with his finger, thinking of any person that wouldn't be part of Sonia's plan, but he thought of no one as his only close friends were everyone in the plan. Nodding no toward Gundham, the Breeder sighed and placed the phone on the box he was sitting on, carefully as to not damage the screen.

"Wait, don't you have a phone? Why don't you try using yours?" the mechanic questioned. "I don't use my communication much, as I feel it is necessary to use if I'm placed in an environment I am familiar with. Henceforth, I leave it at my dorm. Stupid as I also left my Devas to rest today as one was in heat and needed support."