Chapter Seven: Hallway Banter

Before the chapter starts, I just wanted to post my art on here so you all can see. I love sharing things with others but I've always been a little self conscious about my art on other platforms since there are so many amazing artists on social media. But anyway, enjoy reading the story my cuties.

-----------------------------

Italicized text represents flashbacks.

"You want Souda to come along with me if Miss Chisa chooses me as Gundham's navigator? But I thought you wanted Souda to be away from Gundham in your plan," Nagito isn't like most people whenever someone comes up with a crazy plan. Most would just consider the person talking a nut job, but in Nagito's place, he wouldn't dare question others' plans. He would rather be a part of the plan to maintain it from going overboard instead of letting it get out of hand. He listens and plans, but now his thoughts are all jumbled together with this newfound information. He needed to find a medium in which taking Souda would benefit the plan but not risk it going downhill or too over the top, which in that case, someone is likely to get hurt in the process, physically or even mentally.

"That was just to give Souda a false plan in mind. He'll just be thinking that Fuyu and I would be near him at all times, but in reality, Souda isn't going to be part of the home base team, he will be a traveler on your group." The madwoman giggled a bit. She was referring to everyone in her plan as if they were players in an RPG fighter game, with groups and tasks for each individual.

With the sound of her hands clasping together, a happy and jolly smile spread across her face, which in most cases, it either meant she was going to fall to a laughing fit, or she was about to let out the idea for the greatest heist ever created.

"And here as you know is the main library," Nagito stated, walking from room to room, with Souda and Gundham close behind him. Souda was freaked out of his mind, 'why Nagito, why are you like this???' he thought to himself. The hallways of Hope's Peak were quiet as usual, with the only sounds being the ones coming from the group itself, mainly Nagito's blabbering and their shoes tapping along the floor.

'Huh, what do I even say in these kinds of situations? Do I attempt to make small talk? No, that would probably distract him from his needed tour, I don't want him to get lost again.'

'Wait, WHY DO I EVEN CARE IF HE GETS LOST? That's his problem to deal with, not mine. Goddamnit Nagito, why'd you get me wrapped up into this.' Souda's thoughts were raging almost as much as his beating heart. And even so, he couldn't distinguish between it being his fierce thoughts or the fact that Gundham was too close to Souda, or well, too close for Souda's liking.

Gundham noticed the far off expression that Kazuichi was presenting upon his face. It was one Gundham knew all too well, as his siblings have expressed such emotions in their early years of childhood. Discomfort, the one emotion that was able to portray itself to those that view it, it's semi-effective to Gundham.

"Pink Mortal, something's amiss with you, the emotion your eyes scream is enough to trigger my senses. Please correct me if my analysis on your is incorrect." Gundham stayed focused on looking forward, only the small corner of his eye was able to catch Kazuichi's head-turning to face him, then went to face the other way.

Souda was now even in even more distress. He noticed how he was reacting to standing so close, didn't he. So fucking stupid?

Okay, how can he diffuse this situation? Denial seems like the right choice, but knowing only a small amount of info on Gundham, Kazuichi wasn't able to determine Gundham's reaction. What if he persisted forward? What if he left it at that? Only one way to test the possibility.