Chapter Nine: Hidden Lair

Doon doon doon, you thought it was over. Ha.

A note: This chapter is dedicated to AslanJoses. Thank you for giving me the motivation to continue my story. You are amazing!

Another Note: The first half of this chapter was written back in February, the second part was written and completed today by me. So if there's an inconsistency, I apologize.

It's never been a problem for Gundham to get money for gifts. He always needed to have money anyways, as many animals he takes care of needed much attention to specific needs. He obviously couldn't feed an elephant with sunflower seeds, so he always learned ways to spend money and have some left over incase of an emergency.

Gundham stared at the small box in his room, which he kept all his emergency savings in, staring at it with a heated look of temptation. He didn't want to open the box up. He was scared. He was scared that if he did open the small box, his conscience would drive him to spend on his own wants, and make him spend all his earnings on selfish items in a matter of minutes. It ached inside him, but he needed to buy the gift for the mortal that held ground to protect the clown prince of lies.

The clown prince of lies. Gundham let out a disgusted sigh of recoil.

'That idiotic man. Did he think I was able to overhear his voice in the sea of distress and chaos of the storm?' Gundham knew it was him. It was Kokichi that pressed the door shut so he and Kazuichi couldn't leave the storage room, yet the clown never confessed such knowledge to Gundham. So instead, Gundham has distanced himself, just a small bit.

Of course he was mad, he had every right to be! His second day was spent in a closet instead of being in classes!

Maybe he should've never accepted the letter Hope's Peak sent him, maybe then he wouldn't be in this situation.

Pulling out a chair from his desk, Gundham decided to distract himself with the computer. Still, even looking at his computer, his mind was always thinking about the future and what could come from it. He always had time to think about that, his moments alone prompted him to do so. Opening up his laptop with a small snap coming from it, he sought to find a tool box that would fit the needs of the mechanic.

He had to find the best he could that would suit the tools for the pink hair mortals. But all the options looked rather suspicious. There were huge ones but priced at the meager price of $10, a suspicious offer, especially on a device that led to the corridors of darkness and deception. But there were also the ones that looked similar in style, but prices extending to those in hundreds, now that was one that seemed to be exaggerating in their prices.

Though, there was one that caught his eye. It was a bright yellow tool box that showed a pricing of seven thousand yen. The box itself was within reasonable dimensions to its price, and the page it was on seemed reliable. It looked big enough to fit normal and heavy sized tools that the mortal could place inside. To others, the color would appear to be ugly as it was a color that could get dirty quite easily, but there was a strange beauty it showed to Gundham that made him believe it was perfect for the pink hair mortal.

Finally feeling as he found the right one, he stared once again to the savings box, placed on his left, taunting his meager existence in a menacing demeanor, but Gundham was determined, he couldn't let the box deter him, he was THE Overlord of Ice!

Flipping up the latch with a swift motion, he expected to be greeted with the view of his struggles and rewards, but instead was met with one of emptiness, a piece of paper now in the place of where the Breeder's money should be.

'Hey Gundy, I'm kinda in a pinch with money right now so I have to steal a bit from you. I hope you don't mind. I'll return it by the end of next month. That's a scout's promise!