Chapter 1: The unexpected engagement

It was a normal bright and sunny day in Konoha with fluffy white clouds lingering in the clear blue sky. A certain Nara could be found relaxing under a large tree that blocked his eyes from the piercing sunlight; he hoped that the peace would last but as always, it was broken by a loud screech made by a platinum blonde haired girl.

"NARA SHIKAMARU!" The girl screeched at him.

What a drag was what he was thinking.

"What?" He said before yawning.

"Why are you so relaxed when something so important happened?" Ino shouted at him before grabbing Shikamaru's neck and shaking him with force. He was then proceeded to be dropped on to the cold hard ground with a loud thump.

"What happened?" Shikamaru asked again before muttering something similar to the lines of 'why are women so troublesome?' under his breath.

Ino sent him a glare that reminded Shikamaru so much of his mum. Seriously, why are women so violent?

"What do you mean by what? How can you forget that you're getting married in a weeks time!" Ino replied with a confused voice.

Shikamaru froze. Did he hear that right? He was getting married in a weeks time?

Shikamaru stood up and suddenly ran, scaring Ino who was not expecting him to move.

"Hey! Why are you running? You still haven't answered my questions yet! Hey! Nara Shikamaru, stop running!"
Ino shouted after him but he had already ran too far away to hear it.

What is his problem? Ino thought to herself as she watched Shikamaru run frantically for the first time in her life towards the Hokage's office.