Chapter 11: Thoughts

Once inside his room, Shikamaru sat down on a chair and started on his gift for Naruto; he did not stop until three hours later. When he realised how late it was, he tidied up the table and started to get ready for bed. He took a shower and changed into his sleepwear before laying down flat onto his cold but soft bed.

His mind wandered again to the conversation he had with his dad.

"She is a jinjuriki".

Shikamaru wasn't all that shocked to hear that; he had been intrigued about what happened the day the nine tail fox attacked and had researched it. He guessed that the nine tail fox was sealed in someone but there was no one in the village that was the host so he guessed that said person had left the village.

Furthermore, he had heard rumours that the fourth had been married and the only girl he was particularly close to was Uzumaki Kushina, who was the second host of the fox, so she must have been his wife.

He had theorised that Kushina had been pregnant and given birth around October 10th as the female jinjuriki's seal became weak when giving birth.

Shikamaru also had heard from stories told from his dad that the fourth was a good guy and an amazing leader that would do anything for his people and jinjuriki's can only be sealed so he must have sealed the fox in his own child.

He thought that this was a logical theory and told his dad. Shikaku was shocked at this but told him that he could be right. Shikaku left right after that urgently and Shikamaru guessed that his dad must have figured something out from his words that was important.

Then, he met her. Blonde hair that glittered under the sun, cerulean blue eyes that sparkled with joy and positivity and cute whisker marks that decorated her rosy cheeks. Man, he was already whipped for her when he only knew her for a few days.

His affections for her confused him. Shikamaru had not dated anyone apart from Temari; his relationship with Temari fell apart after a month because of the distance both physically and emotionally.

Temari was a strong beautiful kunoichi and was the kazekage's sister; she was the perfect woman.
She asked him out and he accepted to give the relationship a go but he could not truly get close to her because he didn't like her. So he had explained and they had broken up.

After that, marriage proposals started flowing in and an unbelievable amount too. Shikamaru did not have any time to date with the wars going on and his anbu duties. He was constantly sent out on missions due to his efficiency and skills.

It wasn't that Shikamaru was being narcissistic but he could understand why many would like to marry him. He was strong, smart, wealthy and was a successful shinobi. Not to mention, he was very good looking and was set to be one of the most important figures in the village even without being the Nara heir.

However, what he truly cared about was whether they liked him for his personality. Shikamaru knew he was not the best person to speak to and he did not gain feelings easily. He honestly did not expect to be engaged without his permission and married within a few days of knowing one another.

She, the daughter of Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina, engaged to him, a lazy and infuriating man. Never had he thought this would come to be.

Shikamaru had felt something in his soul slip into place and he felt complete when he saw her that day. His dad had hinted at something during their conversation but he was confused how his dad got such knowledge from.

" She is the one you've been waiting for".

It was strange but he'll figure it out soon. 1

How troublesome.

Naruto. Why do you make me feel so troubled and confused?

Then Shikamaru let his tiredness overtake him and he fell asleep, wondering how the next few days would be like.