Chapter 7: Naruto

It was the girl he met earlier on today that ran into him.

" Who are these girls hanging pathetically to your arms?" She said, her voice cold. The girl said whilst staring into his eyes.

" I thought you said you were going to come straight home to me after hanging out with your friends." She said again, but this time Shikamaru realised she was trying to get him to act along. So, he smiled and attempted to play along when he was interrupted again.

" Who the hell are you? What do you mean by going home to you?" One of the girls asked.

" Oh yeah, you just reminded me to introduce myself. I can't believe I was so rude, acting like one of those wild uncultured people who don't introduce themselves first before demanding for something. Hi, I'm Naruto, Shikamaru's soon to be wife."

Everyone around were shocked and some girls left crying and angry. However, some girls refused to believe it.

" I don't believe you at all. If you are his wife, prove it." The one clutching at Shikamaru's arm said, smiling because she believed Naruto wouldn't do it.

" Okay I will." Naruto replied before she started walking towards Shikamaru. The girl was shocked and let go of Shikamaru's shirt. She didn't stop until she reached him .

Suddenly, she yanked him up by the collar and her face got closer to his. Their lips nearly touched when —."

" Shikamaru, this isn't your wife!" Ino shouted suddenly. She and Choji were watching the scene unfold quietly and she thought Shikamaru shouldn't start cheating on his wife with his fake wife.

Naruto fell backwards in shock and when she tried to stop the fall, someone's arm reached out and ended up around her waist.

" Geez Naru, be careful will you? The wedding is not far off and you're trying to get injured." This time, Shikamaru could finally play along.

" Well, I was about to kiss you when Ino interrupted me." Shikamaru helped her to stand upright.

Ino was shocked. Why did this mysterious girl know her name.

" You weren't trying hard enough to make those girls away too." She said sulking.

" My dear Naru, the only one I love is you and always will be you. These girls don't understand that and didnt know we have been dating for 5 years." Shikamaru said with a soft voice and hugged her close.

She slapped his chest in anger in response.

" What are you talking about? I was pretty sure that we were dating for 6 years and in love for 8." Naruto replied angrily.

" Oh yeah, I totally forgot you didn't love me since you forgot our anniversary last time." She tried to get out of his embrace and twisted around so that her back was to her chest.

Secretly in his heart, Shikamaru was shocked but he wore a soft face instead.

" I didn't mean it Naru, I was tired from my mission. I needed sleep so I could look my best in front of you for when I propose." Shikamaru hugged her tighter and turned his head back to signal to his friends that it was time for escape. Choji understood but Ino took a bit more time to understand.

Choji got up and dragged Ino to stand up too.

" Hey Shikamaru, we have to go home now so you guys should go too." Choji told Shikamaru.

" Alright darling, let me show my love to you when we get home after I pay the bill." He kissed her cheek gently before walking away to pay the bill.

Ino and Choji has not left yet and saw it happen. They shuddered at him being all mushy and acting love-sick. On the other hand, they were happy they got some blackmail materials to use against Shikamaru.

A moment later, they all left the barbecue place leaving all the shocked girls behind.

What they didn't know was that all the teachers were watching in a corner.

" Shikamaru can get a girl better than you. When will you ever stop acting so shy to Kurenai?"

" Oh shut up Kakashi."

" But he's talking the truth though. We already have a daughter and you're stilll so shy."

" Kurennnaaaiiii. Don't talk anymore about that."

" But it's the truth."

" Why is no one supporting me and backing me up?"

Everyone looked at him except from Kurenai

" She's telling the truth."

Then, Kakashi patted his back.

" You better run man."

Asuma turned around and saw Kurenai smiling.

" Sorry guys, I better run." He did and disappeared like the wind.

" That mans a scaredy-cat. Should I run after him?"

" We probably should finish up so go get your man Kurenai."

She did and no screams were heard that day, only bruises showed what had happened afterwards.

( It wasn't actually real bruises, they just painted his skin a different colour to scare the others.)