Chapter 6: Trouble

" Hey Shikamaru, have you wondered what your wife will be like?"

Ino said once everyone settled down at the barbecue place. Shikamaru, who wasn't expecting this question, raised his left eyebrow. He thought for a few seconds before answering her.

" I have, but to be honest, I don't really care about what she looks like but I care about the personality."

Ino and Choji turned their heads and made eye contact, smiled and then shook their heads before turning back to Shikamaru.

" I though you would have said something different." Choji said.

Shikamaru thought that too when he was younger. He wanted to marry someone who was not like his mother and was quiet but as he got older, he didn't think like that anymore. He only wanted someone who will love him for who he is, rather than his looks, fame and everything else.

When he was about to answer back to Choji, some upset girls interrupted him.

" Shikaaaa! Is it really true you're marrying some random girl?" One of them asked whilst trying to cling onto his arm.

Underneath his breath, Shikamaru muttered troublesome and shook the girls off him.

" Sorry, I don't think this is any of your business so can you please not interrupt my precious time with my friends and walk away from me?" Shikamaru answered seriously and glaring at the girls. He hoped it would get the random girls to stop bothering him and instead, he got a response he did not want.

"Kyaaaa! He's so handsome and cool!" They screamed and tried to move closer to him.

" Why don't you marry me instead instead of that bitch? I'll make you happier than she can!" One of them said.

All the girls around her was offended and started arguing over who deserved to be Shikamaru's wife. Ino tried to stop them.

" Hey, can you please stop arguing and leave us alone?" She asked politely whilst her hands were clenched into fists under the table.

The girls turned to look at her and laughed.

" Shika, why are you hanging out with this ugly person. I bet she isn't treating you as good as I will. All the time, I see her trying to hit you. Why don't you stop hanging out with her?" They said flirtatiously and threw their bodies towards Shikamaru.

Shikamaru could suddenly feel the anger radiating off Ino. He edged himself further away from her so that he doesn't get in between her fight, where she will wreck her opponents until they will run away when she is in a 100 mile radius from them. She was going to give them hell.

"You—."

"Aaaaahh, Shika she's going to hit me! Save me!" They all huddled behind Shikamaru and clung to his back.

Shikamaru was about to say something when someone interrupted him.

" What do you think you're all doing with my husband?"