[ ace ]

"I'm not going to hurt you, Midas. Leon sent me here and told me to get you. So.. here I am." He said and I beamed in happiness.

"Take me to him!" I demanded and he nodded his head. "Of course. Take my hand." The man said and put out his hand for me to take. I smiled giddily and took his hand. "What's your name?" I asked as we walked forward which was weird as when I looked around the room before, I was sure the room were all walls and led me to nowhere.

"My name? You can call me Ace."

------

MIDAS

The dark tunnel we walked into went on for hours or maybe that's just me being exhausted by everything. "Is everything okay?" Ace asked and I smiled. "I'm.. fine." I said and he nodded his head, turning back to face forward.

I stared at the back of his head as we walked. He held my hand and his hands were soft but cold, whereas mine were probably covered in dirt and dried blood, they weren't so clean anymore.

I remembered before he was wearing normal human clothes and not what the people of Obso would wear.

People in Obso- well, I've only ever seen the guards but not the actual people who lived here. The guards wore metal armor that looked really heavy, they covered their whole body except their faces, which looked as intimidating as their physiques.

Ace looked very human and.. normal? Not saying that Obso had not normal looking people... just, Ace doesn't look like he's from here.

"Ace..?" I started and he stopped to look at me. He smiled and asked me what was wrong. "Huh? Oh.. nothing's wrong. I wanted to asked something." I said and he nodded his head. "Go ahead." He said.

"How did you get here?" I asked and he thought for a moment, maybe a little too long. "I was thrown down here. I.. was banished from Obso for... personal reasons and Leon, your mate and very dear friend to me since we were young, he helped released me, so I'm here to repay him for helping me. To get you out of here." He explained and I nodded my head. "That's so nice of you, Ace." I said and smiled at him, he returns the smile.

"Well, let's get going. We won't do any progress if we just keep standing here." He said, a playful tone in his voice and I giggled. "Let's go." I said and he beamed at me. We walked further into the tunnel.

------

Ace summoned the portal to transport us both back into the human world once we reached the the never ending tunnel (which actually did end so phew, thank God).

We finally left the dark tunnel and I was happy to see the trees, flowers and just nature in general.

Now I needed to see Leon.

"Has Leon left Obso?" I asked and Ace shook his head. "He would send me a signal if he had arrived but there's nothing at the moment so we should go on ahead without him. He would meet us there." He said and I slowly nodded my head. "But he is okay, right?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"I'm worried about the others.." I said, finally realising that I've been only worried about Leon when there are other people- my friends who came to save me.

Ace placed his hand on my shoulder gently. "They will be alright, what matters is that you're safe." He said and I smiled weakly. "I'm just.. I feel... so guilty." I said and he smile at me. "There's no need to feel that way. They do this because they care, they love you.." He cheered me up and I smiled a little.

"Now let's go. A new start once this is all over, Midas." Ace said, looking at me in the eyes.

"A new start."

------

THIRD PERSONS' POV

"FUCK." Leon shouted out angrily while the others looked at him worry. "How could this happen?!" Leon asked angrily to no one in particular and kicked a dead body that they had beaten up before.

"Why... him..?" Leon asked as he leaned against the wall in defeat. "What did I do... to deserve this?" He asked. The others could only watch him break down.

They didn't dare to come near him, unless they wished for death. He was an observer and they are strong, no match for the mere humans. Even the strongest of humans in the room knew that and Leon wasn't calm at the moment.

Unfortunately, Sam approached him carefully. "Do you have a backup plan? Like, a mind link or something, he is your mate right? Maybe you can talk to him with that?" Sam asked and Leon grumbled under his breath. "I can only do that with other observers.." Leon said and Sam frowned.

"Um.. what about your friends? Do you have anyone that can help you find him and get get him out of here?" Sam asked again.

Leon stood stiff at the word friend and shook his head.

"I'm not friends with anyone here." Leon said and Sam sighed. "I'm being honest here, it's not like I'm not trying. I really didn't have friends here but I made friends in the human world." Leon said and nodded his head to his four roommates.

"I've only made enemies here, there was one kid who hated me the most but I don't think he did it. I don't even remember what he looks like so..." Leon said and Sam encouraged him to continue.

"What's his name?" Sam asked and Leon tried his best to remember.

It took him a minute to try to remember their faces, names, hair colours and more until he frowned. "I remember what people called him but nobody knows his real name." Leon said and Sam nodded his head.

"What do they call him?" Sam asked.

Leon had a bad feeling about this. Everyone in the room waited for his answer.

"We call him Ace."

------

AND THAT'S THE END!

FOR BOOK 1!

See you in the next book! ✨

Coming soon 🔜!