The Assassin Vs The War God

ARIANNA'S POV

A month has almost passed since I've been in the Sengoku period. I thought it was gonna be bad since I had been in Japan but, things weren't so bad, aside from the fact that we have an upcoming war with the War God and the Tiger of Kai. Right now, I was on another job assignment and I was tailing a spy from enemy territory and it was my job to find out why they were spying on Nobunaga and what they were after.

"What did you find out?"

"As far as I know, the Oda forces are preparing for a battle with the War God, they'll be making preparations soon."

"Good, this will give us a perfect opportunity to ambush Azuchi while he's gone."

I watched as he gave his master the scroll and then they walked away from each other. I knew what I needed to do so, I went after the man who had the scroll. Once I was close enough, I got my hidden blade out and then I leapt from the roof and I stabbed the man in the neck after landing on top of him. He looked at me shocked before closing his eyes. I searched his body and I got the scroll. I put the scroll in my pouch before heading back to the castle. I got back to the castle and I asked where Nobunaga was and he was currently in the audience hall. 

I opened the sliding doors and I spoke up.

"Pardon the interruption, Nobunaga but, I've dealt with the rat that Mitsuhide told us about."

"Did you? what did you find out?"

"Turns out this spy was from one of your neighbouring domains and he had this on him."

I walked over to Nobunaga and I gave him the scroll after taking off my hood. Nobunaga read the scroll and he smirked at me.

"Good work," Nobunaga gave me a coin purse and I liked the amount he gave me.

"But, don't leave just yet, there's something I need to tell all of you including you, Arianna."

I nodded my head before sitting next to Mitsunari. 

"By now, you have all heard why I called you here tonight. We are going to war with Uesugi Kenshin."

I was surprised by this but, I knew there was gonna come a time when we were gonna go to war with him.

"Mitsuhide, give your report."

"Yes, my Lord."

Mitsuhide rose, speaking to the room.

"We believed Kenshin Uesugi died of some illness in battle but, I've confirmed that he still lives. Furthermore, he's granted sanctuary to Shingen Takeda, who we also thought dead."

Ieyasu looked disgusted when he heard this.

"Ugh. The Tiger of Kai is still alive?"

"Guess they weren't the type to quietly stay dead."

The warlords began talking amongst themselves.

'I guess it was only a matter of time before these guys found out Kenshin and Shingen are still alive.'

"If they've been alive these four years, why haven't we heard news of his before?"

"We have Shingen and his skilled information network to blame for keeping their existence hidden. The only reason we know now is that they want us to. My spies say Kenshin Uesugi is marching with his army towards Azuchi's border."

'This is it then. The war between the Oda forces and the Uesugi and Takeda armies is beginning.'

"And the Tiger of Kai?" Nobunaga asked Mitsuhide.