She'll Be My Spoils Of War

ARIANNA'S POV

I pulled out my hidden blade before the monk that I had killed collapsed onto the ground and I shouted.

"Everyone!! we're about to be raided!!"

The moment I warned them, several monk warriors came out of the bushes and they started attacking us. I quickly put on my hood and then we started to fight them. Nobunaga and I stood back to back and then I asked him.

"Looks like Mitsunari was right about that monk Kennyo."

"So it would seem, I wasn't expecting them to have a night raid."

"My guess is Kennyo heard about us going into battle with the War God and the moment we withdrew from the fight, he probably used this opportunity to take us by surprise when we're vulnerable."

"You're probably right," Nobunaga said to me before he stabbed one of the monks who tried to attack him.

I kicked one of them in the chest and I stabbed his neck with my hidden blade. I pulled out my hidden blade and then I looked around while guarding Nobunaga's back.

"There's so many of them... Nobunaga, gather some of your men and get out of here."

"What?"

"Think about it, some of our men were injured in the earlier fight with Kenshin and they're gonna need a lot of protection and the monks are coming after you as well. While you make a retreat, I'll take some of the soldiers who can still fight and we'll take care of these pests."

"Arianna! you can't do that-"

"Do you have any other ideas?! I'm open to suggestions right about now."

Nobunaga didn't say anything and he saw my point.

"All right but, be careful."

"Don't worry, I'll catch up with you and Mitsunari as soon as we're finished up here, get going! NOW!!"

I shouted before I threw two of my smoke bombs onto the ground and then a puff of smoke appeared around us. The monks coughed and they couldn't see a thing after I used my smoke bombs. I charged at the monks and I slit his throat with my hidden blade before turning my attention to the rest of the monks.

3RD PERSON POV

While Arianna and some of the Oda soldiers dealt with the monks, Nobunaga and Mitsunari along with the remaining soldiers who were either still injured or still had the will to protect their lord made a run for it. Mitsunari was worried about Arianna and he asked Nobunaga.

"Nobunaga-sama are you sure it was a good idea to leave Arianna-sama behind?"

"She'll be fine, the best thing we can do right now is to keep the injured safe and get back to Azuchi. Arianna can make her own way back, she's smart and strong."

"If you say so..." Mitsunari spoke in a worried tone.

Back with Arianna, she and some of the remaining Oda soldiers fought against the monks. Arianna stabbed one of the monks in the back to help one of the Oda soldiers. She pulled out her sword and then she spun around to stab one of the Monks in the neck with her hidden blade. She tripped up one of the monks and she stabbed the monk in the chest with her sword and then she used her long-ranged weapon to fire her weapon at the monk who was about to sneak attack one of the soldiers.

Arianna looked around and she noticed they kept coming out of the forest.

"Damn, they just keep coming, how big an army did Kennyo assemble?!"

"Arianna-sama! there's too many of them!" One of the soldiers shouted at her.

Arianna looked around and she noticed the monks kept coming and the Oda soldiers were struggling. She looked at one of the soldiers and she asked him.