Chapter 1: Assignment

You stalk out of the room angrily. You are a perfectly capable witch, and the first assignment you are sent on is to check on Lucius Malfoy. Your boss, in your opinion, is either the most sadistic man you knew or the most insensitive one. The events of the war still hold its hideous grip over your head, despite it having been five years since. You can still remember the screams of the Muggle-born and wizards alike, screaming at the torture inflicted on them.
  You're a Muggle-born yourself, and you recieved torture too, especially from the hands of the person you are currently about to pay a visit to. Traumatic flashbacks of the war float into your mind at that moment, but you refuse to let them take over you. Your parents perished in the battle, unknowingly to the hands of none other than, Lucius Malfoy himself. You had managed to see your parents die as they squirmed through the torture of the Cruciatus Curse, ultimately leading to their death. You remember the way Lucius Malfoy laughed when he shot beam after beam of light at your parents, and the demented happy light in his eyes. You can hear you parents begging for mercy, and it never came. He didn't even have the decency to just kill your parents. He had to make the torture as long as he wanted it to. The thought of seeing him again makes your stomach curl into a hard knot, but you know that you have no choice.
  You Apparate to a plot of land outside Malfoy Manor and you gape at its splendour. Despite its inhabitants, it was something to behold. It was huge, and you couldn't even see the end of the large property. With an angry thought of the fact that this funding had come from the Dark Lord, you stalk in.
  You give a few sharp raps at the door and within a few moments, Draco appeared to open the door. He had been in her year too, and you had witnessed his egotistical behaviour. He was known quite well as one of the scariest students in Slytherin. However, after the war, he had quietened down a bit, although he still had that sneer on his face, just smaller. When you saw him, he looked ragged and worn out, an expression you had thought impossible on his face.
  "Who are you looking for?" He muttered absently. You said that you were looking for his father. He took a deep breath and motioned for you to come in.
  The house, if possible, looked even bigger inside. The floors were made of the finest polished wood, and the decor must have cost a bomb. You walk in, careful to not scratch the expensive floor, because, dear Merlin, you didn't need something else to pay for. Draco wordlessly motioned for you to follow him, and he brought you into what you thought was his father's room.