Chapter 7: Confrontation

Warning: abuse and sexist remarks
------------------
You report for work the next day with a spring in your step. You see your boss and wave hello to him happily. He doesn't look very well, and he is pale. He doesn't return your wave, and beckons for you to come. Your happy mood now dashed, you go to his office.
"Miss [y/n], there has been a new record of Muggles spotting wizards, and a good few of them had to be Obliviated. The Minister'll have my hide if some more of that happens. You're one of the most skilled witches in our department. I want you to help us to catch these wizards. You'll just be there to bait them and hold them off till the Aurors arrive to take them away. Can you do that? I'll give you a 50 Galleon reward if you do." Eyes lighting up at the sound of "50 Galleons" you ask, "Sure, no problem. Who am I tracking?" "Ah, yes, the ringleader's name is Gerrard Lestrange." You pale at his comment. Gerrard, the one who had assulted you and Lucius yesterday. You couldn't go back on your word now, though, and so you grit your teeth. You go back to your seat and a memo flies to you. You open it and it reads:
[y/n],
To no one apart from the addressee is to read this. In the event of that, this paper will spontaneously combust.

You will be at the Shrieking Shack at 3pm today. Wear nice clothings, as our target is a known frequenter of clubs. Enclosed here is a charm, when said, will alert the Auror team and they will apprehend the suspect. Do not engage the suspect.

Charm: Invoco
Auror Department

You read the memo and sigh. No wonder Gerrard wanted to rape you yesterday. He was as perverse as they got. The clock chimes two and you decide to set out early. After all, you didn't own much, and you needed to look presentable enough to grab Gerrard's attention, according to the note that you recieved.
You stand in front of the Shrieking Shack feeling stupid thirty minutes later. You are dressed in a beautiful dress, the one you had worn at Malfoy Manor a while back. Making a mental note to save up some more money to buy some more clothing, you stand with your hands crossed. The wind is crisp and cold and you wish you brought a jacket. There is no one there except for yourself. Considering Transfiguring your robes into something more suitable for the weather, you hear a whistle from behind you. You turn around and see Gerrard. He is dressed presentably, and a perverted smile graces his deformed face. "Well, look who we have here? So eager to do whatever your boss tells you to, huh? Mudbloods really do anything to get someplace, and I can't blame them." "Invoco!" You yell, taking out your wand and pointing it at Gerrard. Nothing happens. You try the charm again, thinking that you pronounced it wrongly. No sparks or signals flew out of your wand, or anything you would associate with a tracking charm. "No one will come and save you today. Certainly not! That charm is fake. Your boss was so easy to manipulate. The Imperio I cast didn't even take too much of my energy!" Gerrard laughed evilly, showing his pointed teeth. Rage flows in you and your wand sparks. "How dare you make use of my boss!" Gerrard shot several Stinging Hexes at you and you cast Shield Charms to fend them off.
Racking your brains for a way to escape, you shout "Expecto Patronum!" Your Patronus, a small [your favourite animal], stands in front of you. "Lucius Malfoy! Help, I'm at the Shrieking Shack! Gerrard is here!" You tell the animal and it disappears with a poof of sliver light. "You think Lucius'll help you? He only saved you yesterday because I ticked him off about Severus! Perhaps you'll be lucky, and I'll give Lucius your body after I've used it sufficiently. If he hasn't touched you yet, I'll be surprised." Gerrard taunted and made a lunge for your chest. You swat him away, mortified. You yourself are not sure why you adressed that message to Lucius, but you shake it off as being the first person that was able to fend Gerrard off. Gerrard sent several Stinging Hexes at you and one of them hit its mark. Red marks blossomed on your upper arm like the cherry blossoms, and your senses are temporarily overtaken by a flash of white hot pain. You drop your wand hand in pain and Gerrard uses this opportunity to bind you with ropes. "Are you going to be a good girl just for me? That's all you exist for anyways, be grateful for it." Gerrard leered and you gather the energy to spit in his face. He uses his wand to cut off some material off your dress and stuffs it into your mouth. He spells the spit off him and slaps you. Your face burns where he hit you but you stare at him defiantly. "Crucio!" Gerrard laughed at shot it at you. You twist and turn in your binds as pain flares through your nerves. The last thing you remember before blacking out is a look of shock on Gerrard's face.

~Lucius Malfoy's POV~

I was seated in my study when a small silver Patronus I recognised to be [y/n]'s flew onto my table. "Help, I'm at the Shrieking Shack! Gerrard is here!" My fists tightened on my cane as I instantly apparated over. I got to the Shrieking Shack and saw her fainting. "Stupefy!" I shouted, wand drawn. Gerrard looked shocked as the spell hit him in his Shield Charm that he casted last minute. "Come to join in the party, Lucius? No need to be grumpy." I was furious. How dare he talk in such an easy manner! I will ensure he hurts. I closed the distance between Gerrard and I and asked, in as calmly a voice as I could muster, "Why do you go to such measures for one woman? You can have anyone else, and I'm sure your sister Bellatrix would love to give herself to you. Oops, she's dead. Rodoluphus too, I know you enjoy the feeling of being choked by your brother and choking your sister." I added the last part in an attempt to anger Gerrard. It worked.
"You don't know anything about Bella! She was all I had! You don't know what it's been like without her! And Rodoluphus and Rabastan, they were my brothers. They're dead, and YOU, turncoat, are still alive! The torture I got from the Dark Lord, after your pathetic failure, it was the worst. I was his most beloved, my family was of the highest rank! Yet I was tortured, Crucioed every day, for minor infractions that weren't mine! I managed to escape capture, because those idiots couldn't place two and two together, but the pain I felt, of having NO ONE with me! OF COURSE I would go after your woman! She's filthy, and I don't understand why you've taken a liking to her. I'll kill her. Kill. Her." I smiled. I could hand this information in to the Wizamengot, and Gerrard would get a life sentence in Azkaban.
"She is a friend, and you, have just earned a life sentence. Never forget the power of submitting memories. Beware what you say; it may turn against you." The look of horror on Gerrard's face made me happy. "And behold the power of my wand." I whispered, touching his face with the snake head of my wand. Where the snake head touched, it drew blood. The sight of blood excited me, to say the least. Especially since it was the blood of someone who had personally made me angry and done things they should not have. I took my wand, and made lacerations on his arms and legs. For good measure, I cast a pain spell on his genitals and enjoyed as he screamed in pain. "Learn your lesson." I said as I bound him with rope. I sent a Patronus to Harry Potter to inform him of this and extracted a few of my memories (only the ones I wanted them to see!) and placed them in a jar near the package. "Oh, no. I'm sorry." I whispered as I picked her up. Her clothes were ripped, and there was an ugly sting on her arm. Please be alright, I prayed, as I apparated back to Malfoy Manor.
I ran into Narcissa's room, and placed her on the bed. Running diagnostic tests on her, I look around the room so that I could look at something that wasn't her. I couldn't bear to look at her hurt. I hadn't entered Narcissa's room since her death, and I longed for her to be here to help me to heal [y/n]. Actually, I can picture [y/n] in this room, living here. It would suit her tastes, would it not? Mentally, I slapped myself. Why am I thinking of other women in my deceased wife's bed? I push all thoughts of it out of my mind as I continue to heal what I can. She is pretty, albeit in a different way from Narcissa. Narcissa was all Black poise and regal, whereas [y/n] was fiery, placing her reputation on the line to protect what she stands for. I cup her face with my hand, tracing the skin. It is not like Narcissa. I never loved her, but I did appreciate the paleness in her skin that reminded me of my own. [y/n]'s skin, however, was of a healthier color, and was soft and smooth. I did not dare to remove her clothings to get to the deeper injuries below, and so I gently kissed her forehead, and drew up a chair in the opposite side of the room to await her waking. "I won't let anyone hurt her. " I said to myself.