1| Clatter, Shatter, Heart Goes Pitter Patter

[Edited]
It's not hard to stay unnoticed. All you have to do is be like Siena. Her dirty blonde hair, round blue glasses, and bright blue eyes always are always hidden from the human eye. She try's to blend in with soft lavender turtle necks and coral scarves. It seems to work almost to well. People forget she's in the room. Teachers eyes pass right by her. It's like she's invisible.

  Siena didn't mind. She's the classic wall flower. Shy and nervous, sometimes clumsy. Her confident mother always said she was like an elephant that you didn't notice was there until it knocked something over. Thanks mom...

  Siena always held notebooks, ready for the right tune to come into her mind and inspire her for a new song. She loved music. It was the fibre of her being. It made her dance and sing. She had an amazing voice. But she was too afraid to show it off to the world.

  But when she was alone-or when no one was paying attention to her-which was always- she would daydream of singing on stage, the silhouettes of the crowd fading into the shadows, and all she could hear was her voice radiating around. Her, Siena Quince, a star.

  Her vision was knocked out of her mind when someone crashed right into her. She yelped and her notepads and everything went scattering across the floor. Including her dazzling blue specs. They fell with a loud clatter.

  "Watch it Jay!" Said a voice. Siena could barely make out that he was even a person, her eyesight wasn't the best. Siena squinted at the blob. Blob had found her glasses and gently rested them back on the bridge of her nose.

  Slowly the blob turned into a boy. A rather good looking and popular boy. Siena felt her eyes widen and her face started to flush. Her best friend Mackenzie said it made her look like a splotchy cornered rabbit. She had the best references.

  "Sorry about that." He apologized. It was the one and only Cole Brookstone. Sure he was no Kai Smith but his strong muscles and dazzling personality was enough to get a good amount of people liking him.

  All Siena could do was look at him. His dark hair fell around his face and he wore headphones around his neck. Siena could just hear music coming out from the speakers. 

  The tune wafted into her ears and she felt it soothe her. "Weekend Whip huh?" She felt the words escape from her mouth before she realized she was going to say them.

  Cole blinked in surprise then grinned. "Yup, it's not so bad. Totally no bias there since I'm a ninja." He winked. Siena felt a smile form and a blush seemed to grow.

  Lloyd Garmadon, THE GREEN NINJA, bumped him. "Come on, Cole. There's an assembly this afternoon." Cole nodded and the group said goodbye. Jay apologized for crashing into her and gave her books back.

Siena watched them go. A confident group of close friends. The warning bell rang and Siena blinked out if her trance. This was only a one time thing, no one was going to pay her any mind in a long time...

*****

"He what?" Mackenzie exclaimed. Mackenzie Mackerel was quite a character, she had brown frizzy hair and liked to where top hats and button down jackets with a black and white striped skirt. Her tall leather boots made her look like a tap dancer. She was quick to say her opinion and was very expressive, never held anything back. A perfect balance to Siena's careful personality.

"Um...he gave me my glasses back?" Siena didn't understand why it was such a big deal that she lost her glasses. Her friend bounced up and down in the auditorium seat.

"Aww...." Mackenzie clasped her hands together like a princess.

Siena sighed. Oh no.

"Does he like you? Do you like him? Did he ask you out?" The questions exploded like a waterfall after a dam had been destroyed.

"What? No!" Siena grabbed her shoulders and shook her, hard. "Get a grip! He just saved me a pair of glasses! No shut your mouth before any one hears!"

Mackenzie opened her mouth to say something when the principal entered.

"Hello students!" He called out. It came out really quiet. Frowning he tapped on the microphone and it turned on with an ear piercing screech. Everyone pressed their hands to their eardrums. "Ah, that's better! HELLO STUDENTS!" He boomed.

"I bet your wondering why I called this assembly. And don't worry! It's all good news! As some of you may know the annual Musically Me musical showcase and competition is starting! And like every year a group of talented young artists will be entering their band! I want you all to show your full support, even if you aren't musically inclined or interested we could have help for lots of other things!" He began striding across the stage.

  "The sign up sheet will be posted on the School Announcements Board, everyone who wants to enter will be able to audition to be apart of the band! Maybe this year we will finally seize the trophy from Stix Academy!" The Principal had a look of determination etched on his face that was quickly replaced with a wide grin.

  "Anyways, I won't keep you any longer, I know that math is coming up for some of you and I don't want you to miss that!" The school groaned and slowly left the auditorium.

The principal was yelling something else but Siena was barely paying attention. This could be her chance.

A/N

Hello! I just wanted to say that if you find any typos please comment on them down below so I can fix them!

LuckyBugBooks 🐞