3K Bonus Chapter : Birthday Cake Catostophe

I don't have a picture so here's one of my rabbit ripping the sticker off of our chair. ^

*****

Siena frowned. "I'm not sure if this is a good idea."

  Zane nodded firmly. "Agreed, due to Cole's track record in the kitchen this is a 'horrible idea'."

  Cole scowled as he set out the ingredients on the counter as the ninja all sat at the bar in Siena's house.

  "I'm not that bad." He grumbled.

The ninja exchanged looks before glancing back at him. "Yes you are." They said simultaneously.

  Siena wrapped an arm around his waist. "Oh honey, I'm not saying you're bad you just have a tendency to make a few questionable mistakes."

  "What she said!" Kai piped up.

  Cole rolled his eyes. "I want to make my beautiful girlfriend a birthday cake. Is that to much to ask? Besides I was going to do it secretly and surprise you but both dad and Master Wu said their kitchen is off limits and none of the ninja saw my text."

  "Oh we saw it." Nya snorted. "We just hoped that if we didn't answer it you would just buy a cake."

  "Guys our dreams are crushed, thanks Cole!" Kai said dramatically, laying a hand to his forehead.

  "It will be fine." Cole repeated. "Just sit there and make sure nothing sets on fire."

  Lloyd sighed and turned to Zane. "Zane, activate the 'Cole's In The Kitchen Protocol'."

  Cole made an offended noise as he dried his hands. "We do not need the 'Cole's In The Kitchen Protocol!"

  Siena furrowed her brow. "What's the 'Cole's In The Kitchen Protocol?'"

  "A protocol fit with everything we may need to ensure the best amount of health and safety while Cole is cooking." Zane said. "Already activated. It is fit with my automatic fire extinguishing routine. Top of the line first aide, the first responders at speed dial, and a health and safety presentation."

  Cole huffed as Zane got up and walked in a straight line to the door before turning and walking back with his arms directing the way.

  "The emergency exits are located here," He then moved to the window. "Here and here." He pointed to anther window.

  "In the event of a gas explosion, an unsafe breathing area, or loss of oxygen there are oxygen masks located in this vault." He pulled out a small device and flicked it. It landed on the ground near them and suddenly formed into a vault.

"In the event of a fire please stay calm and wait for it to be extinguished by my state of the art fire kit." Zane pressed a button and his hand suddenly turned into a fire extinguisher. "As well as the water spraying form the extinguishers on the ceiling. If the fire spreads please evacuate through the emergency exits safely and calmly." He projected a video of a small figures exiting the building as so.

  "In the event of a toxic substance-"

  "There will be no 'toxic substances'!" Cole snapped. "We're fine!"

  Kai leaned over to Jay. "That's what he said last time." He said through the corner of his mouth.

Cole gave him a deadly look before grabbing the recipe. "Preheat oven to three hundred and fifty degrees." He read aloud. He turned and pressed the buttons.

  "Cole, that's confection bake not bake." Lloyd called.

  "Right." Siena tried to hide her nervous expression as her boyfriend began to measure things out.

  "You're using the liquid measuring cup not the dry one." Siena reminded him.

Cole looked sheepish as he fixed the mistake. He then cracked the eggs and got about a million eggshells inside.

  "Shouldn't you mix the wet ingredients and dry ones separately?" Jay asked quietly.

  Kai groaned. "We're doomed!"

"If you could all shut up that would be amazing!" Cole snapped finally.

As he struggled to figure out which one was a teaspoon and which one was a tablespoon. He picked a random one and dipped it in.

  He mixed throughly before pouring it into the cake pan and putting it into the oven.

  "That wasn't so bad." Kai said with relief.

  BOOOOM!

  "Um....Zane? What do we do for the toxic substances?" Cole said in a panicked voice.

"EVACUATE THE BUILDING!" Zan shouted.

  Everyone jumped up and raced towards the door, pushing out quickly before quickly getting everyone out of their rooms. Zane hit the fire alarm and sent a call to the emergency responders as everyone raced down the stairs and out of the building.

  They stood outside as they watched the firemen and the policemen skirt the building and Cole was treated for his burn.

  "You know Cole, you could've gotten her a nice gift card or something." Kai grumbled.

  Siena heard a gasp and a thunk before she turned to see her mother gaping at the giant explosion that sounded from the building. The groceries left forgotten on the path.

  "WHAT THE-"