18| Musically Me

Siena plunged through the crowd, giving small thanks to classmates and other people who congratulated her but she was a girl on a mission. She threw open the theatre doors and she zeroed in on the shape trudging back to the black Ford in a stylish new coat.

  "Mom!" Siena called.

  The shape stopped and turned.

  "You came!" Siena felt her smile grow wider. "You came."

  Her mother began crying and she ran over and enveloped her daughter in a hug.

  "Of course I came." She sobbed. "Oh my gosh I am such a horrible mother. You were right I focus to much on my job and everything's a mess with the divorce and work and....I'm sorry!"

  "It's okay." Siena sniffed, staring deep into her mother's eyes. "It's okay."

  Mom paused and studied her. "Oh honey," she cried. "You look so beautiful. And your song was so amazing. You're such an amazing singer."

  "Thanks mom." Siena wiped her eyes, hoping she didn't have any horrific smearing of mascara. "Thank you."

  "Come on, let's get you to the celebration and then tomorrow we can have a long talk." Mom told her, guiding her towards the door.

  "That's sounds perfect." Siena replied, nestling deeper into the crook of her mother's arm.

*****

  The party had been hectic, Siena could hardly even remember. It was a lot of cheering and eating deliciously fattening cake.

  The next day her mother and her sat down and talked long and hard about everything. School, life, the divorce, their fight, and how Siena felt.

  "I guess when my marriage plummeted I wanted to focus on making the career perfect. Some sort of way to fix it, I guess." Mom sighed. "Instead I ended up ruining our relationship too."

  "You didn't ruin it mom." Siena assured her. "I should've told you before. I just bottled up all my emotions and let them all out at the worst time possible."

  "I guess we both need better communication skills." Mom sniffed, dabbing here eyes and kissing Siena's head. "Come on, let's have a girls day today."

Siena nodded enthusiastically before pausing. "What about your meeting with Ninjago Dragon?"

  Her mom gave a small laugh and kissed her forehead, standing up. "They agreed to reschedule it, apparently the head of the magazine wanted to watch the Musically Me concert and didn't want to miss the big show."

  "Really?" Siena said. "Well I guess things happen for a reason."

******

  Siena had totally forgotten about her huge confession about Cole until she heard a loud knocking on her window when she was sleeping.

  "Mrrf." She mumbled groggily. The annoying tapping continued. She blinked and got up, slipping on her glasses and shuffling to the window, wielding a slipper. Though she knew who it was she didn't like being roused so late at night.

  She opened the window and jabbed the figure waiting outside promptly in the cheek with the toe of her slipper.

  "What are you doing?" She demanded. "You don't go around waking up a teenage girl past midnight!"

  Cole gave an impish grin. "You don't go around confessing your undying affections through a serenade and then just leave the victim speechless."

  "Undying?" Siena questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Is that what I said?"

  "The equivalent." The earth ninja replied. "Come on." He turned and slid down the roof.

  "Uh no." Siena said stubbornly away. Unfortunately a gloved hand grasped her wrist and gently pulled her out.

  "What?" She sputtered. "This is kidnapping!" She protested as he guided her to his mech.

  "No it's not." Cole rolled his eyes. "Don't worry, when Lloyd remade this thing he added in a passenger seat feature." He jumped in and flicked a switch. With a whirl a new seat popped up.

  "See."

  "Lloyd made this?" Siena said in awe.

  "Yes, now get in." Cole said impatiently.

  Siena swallowed down her pride and practically tripped into the mech. She landed hard in the seat, bumping her elbow on the clean metal that Lloyd worked so hard to put together.

"Ow." She whined. "You really know how to take a girl on a date." The words had just slipped out but new confident Siena had to force not-so confident Siena not to blush furiously. Unfortunately it didn't work.

"Pretend you didn't hear that" Siena told him, avoiding his gaze and stubbornly staring ahead. He had a raised eyebrow but complied and began working the control. The mech whirred to life, the one wheeled mech stood and Cole quickly flicked a couple of switched before activating her turn tables.

"You ready?" He asked with a grin.

Confident. Siena reminded herself. She gave a helpless shrug. "As I'll ever be." She said weakly.

Cole let out a whoop as he slipped on his headphones and the mech started zooming faster than Siena thought was possible. Siena chocked back a scream as flashbacks to the stupid rollercoaster her dad made her ride when she was four rose.

Cole swerved, turning quickly in the mostly empty streets. The music coming from the speakers was loud and action packed. Siena let her ears focus on the faint beat in the background made by a drum.

She felt the wind in her hair.

She felt the small presence of Cole beside her.

She felt...free.

Siena felt the wind die down and the music stopped. She opened her eyes and she heard the familiar crashing of the waves.

"You brought me here again." She said with a smile as Cole got out, slipping off his headphones and gently helping her onto the ground via mech's arm.

Siena felt her slippered feet land on the gravely sand and she stared into the night as the water rolled in.

"Why did you bring me here?" Siena breathed.

"To watch the sunrise." Cole replied.

Siena laughed and gently shoved him. "That is so cheesy."

Cole chuckled as well. "But you love it." Siena's breath caught. "...right?" Cole added hesitantly.

Siena smiled mysteriously and directed her gaze to the horizon. She turned and looked Cole dead in the eyes.

"Heck yeah I love it."

Then she kissed him. As their lips met a new song echoed in her head.

I am free. You have shown me who I'm meant to be. There's so much more for us to see. This is Musically Me.

The End......for now.