4| Take Two

[A/N Cole leaning part two!] *Unedited

   Siena shuffled back on stage and Cole returned to his seat. The group offered encouraging smiles and nods.

Siena took a few breaths. In through the nose, out through the mouth. When she went to open her book she realized she wanted to try a different song. Kai passed the guitar back up to her.

Siena nervously gripped it, strumming and playing a few notes. Then her eyes met Coles. He nodded slightly. She could do this.

"I spent almost my life.
Living in the shadows of doubt.
I never felt confidence,
Never felt like could do this.

But I have some dreams,
And you always make it see,
So easy.
So easy.

I want to put on show,
And show you what I know,
But you always make it seem so easy.

So what if it is.
What if I try.
What if I take a breath and breathe....

I wanna show the world...
I wanna sing and dance!
I wanna scream out loud! And show my stuff!
Just tell me when you've had enough!

'Cause I'm gonna play my song,
Sing to the beat,
Clap my hands,
Make it sound sweet.

Come on...
Just sing,
Just sing.

I'm in spotlight now!

Every time I breathe I take another breath too.
I close my eyes dream of sky's
So blue.

I wanna sing my tune
Out for all to hear!
You can sing it too.

I'm gonna show the world!
I'm gonna scream out loud!
I'm gonna show my stuff!
Just tell me when you've had enough!

Cause I'm gonna play my song,
Sing to the beat,
Clap my hands,
Make it sound sweet.

Come on....
Just sing,
Just sing.

I'm in spotlight now!

I walk on stage, I try to sing, the notes fall flat. I snap a string.
Is it bad luck? Is it fate? Am I too late?

But maybe I'm just guessing,
Maybe I'm not right!
Maybe I'm perfect
Singing in the light....

I gotta show the world!
I gotta scream out loud!
I gotta show my stuff!
Just tell me when you've had enough!

'Cause I'm gonna play my song,
Sing to the beat,
Clap my hands,
Make it sound sweet.

Come on...
Just sing,
Just sing.

I'm in spotlight now!"

As soon as Siena played the last chord the ninja's erupted into cheers.

"That was amazing!" Cole exclaimed as she moved down stage to give him the guitar.

Siena blushed. "Thanks." She mumbled. She did a small wave before stumbling out as fast as she could.

******

  Siena got home filled with excitement. She couldn't wait to tell her mother all about it. But when she got home the house was completely empty. She was okay with that. Siena was used to it. So she waited patiently for her to come home.

  But she never did.

Siena woke up on the couch where she had been lying, waiting for her mom. She must've fallen asleep.

  Just then her mother entered. "Siena! I didn't realize you were there!" She exclaimed. Siena forced back a twinge of sadness and anger that sprung at her words.

  "Yeah, I was waiting for you to come home." Siena told her, sitting up.

  "Sorry about that, the shoot went longer than usual because Xavier was running late and then..."

  Siena watched as she bustled past, on her way to her bedroom to probably have a long nap like she always does after a shoot over night.

"Wait mom..." Siena rushed after her.

Her mother began untying the complicated knot on her head. "Hmm? What were you trying to say?"

  Siena took a deep breath. Then started talking really fast. "So...I auditioned for this band and I think I got in because they said I was really good but I don't know for sure and maybe I'm not good enough, maybe I was just second best, but I think I got over my stage fright and-"

  There was a loud snore and Siena looked to see her mom leaned over her vanity, fast asleep. Siena sighed and brushed her moms hair out of her face.

  "Night mom." She murmured.

A/N

Hey, I just wanted to ask if you all wanted me to continue writing the songs or just skip it. If you find them boring then I'll just skip over them and sometimes add a line or two. Tell me what you'd prefer in the comments!

LuckyBugBooks 🐞