1- Warmth

Wisteria house after a mission...

Inosuke's POV

It was never like this before. I was never like this. And I don't know why I'm always so giddy to the point that it's annoying me. I ran to the room Monjiro was at and slammed the door open.

"Oi, Monjiro! Fight me!" I screamed, taking my annoyance out of him.

"Inosuke! I'm busy right now and please keep the noise down! Nezuko is sleeping! And it's in the middle of the night. That can wait for tomorrow." He said and tucked her in more tightly.

"Tch. Why tomorrow?! We're fighting out in the open! We won't be bothering the minion!" I countered angrily.

"You're right, Inosuke. But we're not the only ones here." He argued.

"Monitsu won't care!" I said, still annoyed that I actually feel giddy everytime I'm with the minion and I can't even do anything about it.

"But the others will! This isn't our house. We might trouble them-"

Heavy footsteps resounded the whole house. The footsteps gradually turned louder until the source of it stopped in front of the door from the other side of the room. The door was slammed open like how I did it but only louder.

And in went blondie, the coward. He glared daggers at me for a reason I don't know.

"What are you looking at?!" I screamed at him, trying to ward him off which he does usually.

He angrily pointed at me as he made one of those stupid faces of his. "You! Stop screaming at the dead of the night! I don't know how Nezuko-chan is still asleep with you screaming around so loudly but you have to stop!" He screamed, pulling at his hair at first and then kicked me out of the room harshly.

"Uwaaah! Inosuke! Are you alright?" Monjiro asked in concern. I coughed and wheezed as I slowly got up, laughing hoarsely.

"You wanna have a go, punk?" I threatened and he shrank behind Monjiro.

"No, thank you. I don't really need an addition of broken bones in this body." Monitsu weakly answered.

'Hmm. This is getting boring. I'll just head back and sleep then.' I went back into the room and was about to head to the room I was sharing with Monitsu when he blocked the door.

"Get out of the way." I said, irritated.

Monitsu flinched. He started sweating as he looked away and said, "Hey, Inosuke... You wouldn't mind it if I let Tanjiro sleep in your futon instead of you, right?"

"Hah? Are you looking for a fight? Of course I would!" I glared at him. It's my futon! Why would I let him use it!?

"W-well, I-I'll give half of my breakfast to you. A-and at least you get to sleep in Tanjiro's futon so you two would be even." He tried negotiating.

"Hmm. Can't he just bring his futon to the room?"

"The room would get cramped. I don't want to share the room with you. And Tanjiro doesn't trust me enough to share this room with Nezuko-chan." Monitsu answered.

"Can't she just sleep in her box then?"

"No. Since we're sleeping in comfortable futons, she shouldn't be the only one to suffer, sleeping in a hard box. I bid you a good night, Inosuke." Monjiro said, puffing out his cheeks and dragged Monitsu to the room next door.

I angrily closed the doors and windows, then removed my boar mask and threw it on the floor. It fell with a soft thud that annoyed me even more. I removed my slippers and fell on top of the futon, not bothering to use the blanket.

A few minutes passed and I heard a rustling of sheets beside me. I glanced to the side to see the minion intently looking at me.

"Oi. Stop it, it's annoying."

"..."

"..."

"..."

She stood up and pulled the blanket under me. She placed it over me and pat me on the head, trying get me to sleep.

"Wha-! Stop treating me like a kid, damn it!!" I slapped her hand away and kicked the blanket off me.

She forced me to stop by pushing at my chest and she fixed the blanket. After fixing it, she covered my eyes and pat my head in a relaxing manner.

Slowly, I felt my conciousness leave me. She removed the hand that was covering my eyes. The last thing I saw before I fell asleep was the warmth in her eyes. Something that felt so familiar but at the same time, so distant. I made a last effort of reaching out to her and I was able to hold her cheek. I smiled at my achievement and let sleep overtake me.

•••

So, that's chapter one! Hope you enjoyed! This book is brought to you by HayuChan5!! This book is a request from her. Thank you very much for the request. If you want a book dedicated to you, even though it's just a fanfiction book, please pm me. And sorry to those who found this chapter not to your liking.

Date: Nov. 06, 2019