10- Inosuke's return

Inosuke has been recuperating and training for the past five days and he was finally going back to the Butterfly estate. But as happy as he was, he was also troubled.

Troubled for a lot of things. First, about Nezuko. Second, becoming soft after being in the 'Kamaboko group'. Third, about Nezuko getting on his nerves because he'd gone soft.

"Let's settle this once and for all..." He grumbled as he donned his boar mask. He made his way out of the house. Hopefully, the old hag would let him out this time.

....

Inosuke stood in front of the gate. It was time to leave and he was given food for his trip. He had his back facing the old woman and forced himself not to hit her while she did the customary 'sending people off onto their journey safely' thing that he never once understood. It just didn't make sense.

"Please have a safe journey." The old woman bowed in respect and he took off knowing that it was his signal to finally leave. While running back, some of the people who had seen him before ran for their lives. They knew to keep to themselves out of his way or else they'd get themselves a good set of broken bones.

Inosuke was happy. He was ecstatic to be finally out and about! Inosuke let out a loud laugh. It felt like the old times when he would run around and hunt for food bare-handedly. Those were the good old days.

Seeing that the sun was setting, Inosuke looked for a place to sleep in. Inosuke wouldn't mind sleeping out in a clearing but since he found a cave, why not sleep in it?

....

Inosuke opened the bento he recieved from the old woman and he found his precious tempura in it and few others that he didn't know.

The cold breeze was more bearable with the camp fire in front of him. Inosuke hurriedly started eating his dinner and almost instantly, he was finished eating.

Inosuke went out the cave for fresh air. He let out a sigh of content and lay on his back before looking up the sky. The sky was filled with stars of different brightness. The moon shone magnificently and Inosuke appreciated the natural light from it.

Crickets chirped in the silent night, enveloping Inosuke like a blanket. Inosuke yawned tiredly and walked back to the cave to rest by the be back by tomorrow.

....

By daybreak, Inosuke was already up and running to the direction of where he came from. Back to the Butterfly Estate. By the time he arrived, the sun was setting. Kind of a good sign for Inosuke. It meant that dinner was up then a fluffy futon to sleep in. Although he missed the good old days, the present was a little better when he thought about it properly.

"INOSUKEEEE!?!? YOU'RE BACK!!!" A shrill scream resounded in the estate followed by a loud scolding. Inosuke barged rudely into the house and stomped all the way to Tanjirou and Zenitsu's shared room then finding it empty.

Not even a minute had passed yet and loud foot steps were sounding behind him. Inosuke was suddenly engulfed in a hug by his friends. Zenitsu's snot and tears stuck onto his bare skin and with Tanjirou's crushing bear hug, the snot stuck even more to his skin.

Inosuke forcibly pushed Zenitsu away but he just latched on him again. Tanjirou let go and waited for Zenitsu to do the same but not like what he expected, Zenitsu still clung to Inosuke.

"Waaah!! I missed you!! You know what Inosuke? Tanjirou's a demon! He's a monster! My body hurts so much! Two days passed already but my body still hurts!" Zenitsu let go of Inosuke and glared at Tanjirou.

"I apologized. I thought you forgive me?" Tanjirou countered. "Hmph! I have a weak body! You went hard on me when I told you to be gentle!" Zenitsu pointed an accusing finger at Tanjirou.

Tanjirou put his hands up. "Sorry. You were mumbling so I didn't hear you." At this point, Inosuke already left to have his supper. Tanjirou saw but let him be. "Can you believe him!? He-" Zenitsu looked behind him to get an answer from Inosuke but Inosuke had already left.

Zenitsu turned back to Tanjirou for comfort. He plunged at Tanjirou and clung to him. "Can you believe him!? He left without letting me finish! He's so cruel, Tanjirou!" Zenitsu whined and Tanjirou pat him on the back as comfort. "There, there. He's tired and hungry. You know Inosuke, he wouldn't miss his meals for the world."

....

Inosuke finished up his dinner and went to Zenitsu and Tanjirou's room. "What were you saying again, Bonitsu? I didn't hear it." Inosuke asked. Nobody answered. He did go in their room but they weren't there. Inosuke grumbled and performed his beast breathing seventh form: spatial awareness.

He stabbed his swords on the floor boards and quickly found where they were. In another room much bigger so it can fit three people. Nezuko was in a room that was much smaller than theirs. A room for one person only.

Now that Inosuke knew where to go, he colletected his swords and ran to their room. But Inosuke unknowingly barged in the wrong room and found a surprised Nezuko sitting on her futon. The two held eye contact for a few seconds before Nezuko snapped out of her trance and smiled a close-eyed smile.

"Welcome back, Inosuke." She greeted. Inosuke laughed and happily basked under Nezuko's greeting. "Of course I am! I am, after all, the great Inosuke! Hahaha!" Nezuko laughed along softly.

After sharing a laugh together, the silence became awkward and uncomfortable. Inosuke backed out of the room slowly but surely. After he was sure that he was out of the room, he slammed the door close and barged into the room next door. Nezuko surely heard a loud shriek and Tanjirou scolding Zenitsu and Inosuke for making a lot of noise.

"Good night, Inosuke." Nezuko said and went to sleep, ignoring the screams and noises they were making.

••••

Yay! Yeah! Wow! Wow! Woo! Aight, I'm back. I've finished Yakitate Japan ages ago. Sorry if I didn't update immediately. Only 5 more chapters to go and the story will be finished! Thank you for your support, reads, and votes until now! Please look forward to the next five chapters!

After this story I will be releasing a TanjiKana book! I'm not a fan but it's good to write about other ships too. I will do my best so TanjiKana fans out there, feel free to criticize the next book! Just not this one please. That will be all and I hope you habe a great day!!!