14- Proposals

Days had passed since then and the three demon slayers were slowly getting back to their demon hunting days again.

In the garden where Tanjirou and Zenitsu was taking a walking, Tanjirou's crow, Tennouji, suddenly flew by while screaming about a new mission. Not long after, Chuntaro also flew by chirping and pecking Zenitsu's forehead like his life depended on it.

"Why do they keep on sending me out on missions? I don't wanna go! As soon as I step out of the estate, demons are gonna chase me and kill me and suck out my brain from my ear. And- and! I'm not even married yet!! Tanjirou, you have to save me!!" Zenitsu clung tightly on Tanjirou's waist with his face buried on the other's chest.

Tanjirou chuckled and cupped Zenitsu's face, successfully pulling him out of his world. "We can get married..." Tanjirou smiled widely and casually suggested. "but then again, you'll be leaving later after check-up with Shinobu-san." Tanjirou wondered out loud looking up at the sky.

Zenitsu wasn't listening. He stopped after hearing the first sentence, not paying anymore attention to the second one.

Tanjirou, realising that Zenitsu wasn't listening anymore, slowly let go of Zenitsu's face and as if on cue, Zenitsu turned red, steam coming out from his ears as if he had short-circuited. Zenitsu released Tanjirou's torso and grabbed a hold of his hand.

"Um, Zenitsu?"

"Ye-yes! L-let's get married! Let's get married!"

"E-eh? Aren't you going on a mission? Well, I am too but-"

"Later! I'll be back as fast as I can! Wait for me, okay!?"

Zenitsu ended the conversation then and there and sped off to the clinic to get checked up for the mission. Tanjirou was left standing in the garden, blinking in wonder. Zenitsu's excited face flashed through his mind and he chuckled to himself.

"So cute..."

....

Inosuke and Nezuko were just spending time together when he got the news that he had a mission with Zenitsu.

"I guess this is farewell. It was nice while it lasted, Inosuke." Nezuko hugged Inosuke like it was going to be their last day seeing each other.

"Are you cursing me to die?"

"I'm not. You know as Nii-san's little sister, I'll be with him on his mission. It's always dangerous in a mission with him. The demons he faces are always strong right? And they'd attack at unfair angles. I need to be with Nii-san because he might get really injured."

"Alright." Inosuke agreed and let go. 'I didn't understand much tho.' "Have a safe trip then. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

Just as the two were about to hug again, they were pushed away from each other by an irritated Aoi.

"Oh, I know a lot about missing. And one of them is about you missing your mission because of your dillydallying." Aoi interjected, having had enough of them shamelessly displaying affection and forgetting that she was even there.

She relayed the message of Inosuke going to a joint mission with Zenitsu but after just a few seconds of relaying the message to him, they immediately showed off their affection to each other. 'What the heck?'

Inosuke huffed and stood up. He glanced back for the last time before leaving for the clinic. Aoi and Nezuko looked at each other before Nezuko smiled. They had a conversation through their gazes.

'Thank you for taking care of my brother and his friends.'

'It's nothing. But Zenitsu was kinda troublesome.'