13- Inosuke's realization and Nezuko's confession

This is cringey! Please read at your own risk!!

••••

In front of one of the training halls of the butterfly estate, three boys stood in front of each other, eyes wide open. Each of them had varying looks of shock. As discoveries they have found out were a bit too shocking, they all stood still in their places, daring one of them to move and break the tense atmosphere.

Zenitsu could hear their heartbeats and can tell that both were too immersed in the tense atmosphere to even say anything. Zenitsu's thoughts went back to when the three met up in front of the hall. There was something strange about what Inosuke said but he can't quite stuck his finger on.

"I like Nezuko."

"...like Nezuko..."

"Nezuko..."

"Nezuko."

"EH?!" Zenitsu yelped and caught the others' attention. The two stared intensely at the blond, causing him to be a bit apprehensive but he stood his ground and called out to Inosuke. "Ne, Inosuke..."

"What?" Inosuke stared intently at Zenitsu and Tanjirou glared at him for doing so. Inosuke sweated nervously but didn't look away from Zenitsu. If he looked over to Tanjirou, he will never forgive himself for what might happen.

Hearing this, Zenitsu picked his words carefully and asked,"Who did you say that you liked?"

"Nezuko..." Inosuke answered.

"He said her name right! Oh my gosh! W-what about me, Inosuke?! What's my name?" Zenitsu asked excitedly and naively thought, 'Did he finally learn how to remember people's names?'

"Monitsu..."

Silence...

"WHO THE HELL EVEN IS THAT?!?!" Zenitsu screamed as he ranted about how many times Inosuke called him names.

"HEY! TIME TO EAT!!" Aoi screamed to get their attention and she succeeded. Inosuke sprung up and dashed towards the dining room not looking behind, not even once.

"INOSUKE!!!" Zenitsu screamed in frustration while pulling on his hair. "Ah, Zenitsu!" Tanjirou called, trying to calm the blond down. Aoi stood there for a moment, looking irritated, before smacking Zenitsu.

"Stop screaming," Aoi scolded, "the other patients needs rest, not you screaming on top of your lungs. Dinner's ready, hurry up or you'll have none left." She walked away from them and left to go eat her dinner.

"Let's go, Zenitsu!" Tanjirou held out his hand for Zenitsu to take. Zenitsu blushed and took it.

....

Inosuke gobbled up his dinner and snatched some of Tanjirou's while he was at it. Tanjirou just laughed it off and gave some to him, willingly. Zenitsu sat away from Inosuke, meaning Tanjirou was in the middle and the two were on the side.

He didn't want to risk his dinner. Inosuke spent a lot of time to figure out his feelings. And it means that he did lots of thinking. Inosuke was thinking! And thinking means losing energy (for Inosuke anyway). And losing energy means He. Is. Hungry!

A hungry Inosuke is not someone you'd want to eat dinner with. Or any meals for that matter.

Inosuke continued eating away his dinner until he had nothing left. After finishing up with dinner, he stood up abruptly and looked down at the two who stared at him weirdly.

"I'm leaving you two on your date now. Bye." Inosuke had said something that they didn't and never expected. Thus leaving the two of them silent, trying to process what had just happened.