Chapter 4 - Envious Grell

Mey-Rin woke up that morning feeling very, very happy from her day before. Her date with Sebastian was absolutely magical, and her heart soared every time she thought about it. It made her feel so happy! Mey-Rin smiled in her mirror, as she got ready for the day. She had lots of work to do, today, and she was sure to get it done fast, considering she was motivated by the thought of that date with Sebastian.
"Alright, now. All ready for today", Mey-Rin mumbled to herself, as she began to put on a small bit of makeup, and decided to spice it up a bit, and try something different. She painted her lips a seductive, passionate scarlet red, making her full lips pop. Mey-Rin smiled as she slipped her glasses on, confidently, and waltzed out of her room, to start her first job in the morning. Her first job in the morning is to get out the tea set for the young master, and set the table. Mey-Rin quickly scurried to the storage room, and looked for the box labeled "Tea Set", and soon found it. She carried it into the dining room, where the young master had his breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and set the table, elegantly. She set out a centerpiece of carnations, and roses, and lillies. A glamorous combination of light pink, and red. Mey-Rin made sure that every piece of silverware was perfectly lined up with the young master's plate, and that his napkin was folded neatly. When finished, Mey-Rin stood back, proudly.
"Oh, it's so perfect, yes it is! So proud of myself!", Mey-Rin said, smiling. She hadn't noticed that someone had been watching her the whole time.
"Mey-Rin. Good morning, dear", Sebastian's voice rang out through the dining room.
Mey-Rin quickly spun around, and smiled at Sebastian.
"O-oh! Hello, Sebastian! Uhh.. I-I just finished setting the table for the young master's breakfast. Bardroy should be in the kitchen preparing it."
Sebastian smiled at her, back, and walked over to the dining table, and examined it closely. He walked around it, looking at everything Mey-Rin had set out, with a serious, furrowed brow. Mey-Rin began to become a bit embarrassed, and her face started to glow a bright red, as she watched, anxiously. Sebastian's serious look soon changed to a purely overjoyed look, as he turned around to face Mey-Rin.
"My, my.. excellent work! You sure do have an eye for elegance, my dear", Sebastian praised her, as he started to walked closer to her.
Mey-Rin smiled happily, and her heart beat faster at praise from Sebastian.
"Why thank you, Sebastian! I'm ever so pleased to know that I've done my job well!", Mey-Rin replied.
Sebastian suddenly gently grabbed Mey-Rin's right hand, and he kneeled down, and gently placed a kiss on top of it. He then looked up, his dark, crimson eyes staring straight into Mey-Rin's hazel optics. He smiled, and said in a lower, more hushed voice,
"You simply are one hell of a maid, Mey-Rin. Gorgeous, hardworking, considerate, passionate. Everything anyone would ever want in a person."
Mey-Rin was taken aback by this, but she smiled, and once Sebastian stood back up, she suddenly hugged him tightly, and wrapped her arms around him.
"Thank you so much, Sebastian..", Mey-Rin thanked him, and soon pulled away.
"My pleasure", Sebastian replied, as he leaned down and kissed her forehead, and proceeded to walk out of the dining room, to do work of his own.
Overjoyed, Mey-Rin began to dust around the manor, making sure that she didn't miss a spot, and soon she was finished.

Later that night, Sebastian knocked on Mey-Rin's quarters, as she was starting to get ready for bed.
"Hello, Mey-Rin do you have a moment?", Sebastian asked, as he waited for an answer.
At the sound of Sebastian's lovely vocal, she quickly stood up, and came to the door, opening it slowly.
"Why, yes I do. What is it, Sebastian?", Mey-Rin asked, smiling, happy to do any favor for Sebastian.
"Well, I don't know why, but the young master complained of his tea cups feeling rusty, lately, and even that he chipped a tooth drinking tea. I'm not sure how he did that, but he would like for you to go out and get a new tea set. I know it is quite late, and I apologize, but would you be so kind as to do so?", Sebastian explained to Mey-Rin, with a hopeful expression.
Deep down, if Mey-Rin wasn't head over heels in love with Sebastian as she was, she would've sighed with pure annoyance, and asked why he couldn't do it himself, thinking that he was using her to get out of his work. However, Mey-Rin knew better, and she was glad to do anything for Sebastian. She knew that he would never use her to get out of work. He was far too reliable of a servant to do such a thing.
"Oh? That's quite odd, but you know I will certainly do that", Mey-Rin said, accepting the task with a smile.
Mey-Rin then took her hair down quickly, and took her glasses off, and slipped on a light leather jacket, considering the fall weather was only lukewarm. She then started out the door, into the cool autumn air, before Sebastian stopped her, and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Oh, please, Mey-Rin let me just walk you out to as far as the path into town. I just want to make sure you'll be okay", Sebastian said, with round, worried eyes.
"Hmm? Oh.. alright, Sebastian. That's fine. I'll gladly let you do so", Mey-Ron replied, in a loving tone.
"Oh, thank you so much, my dear. I'm only worried for your safety, since you're so precious to me", Sebastian thanked her, as the two walked hand in hand until they reached the path that led into town.
"I'll let you off now, my dear. Please be safe, my sweet", Sebastian said, as he gave Mey-Rin a kiss on the forehead, and he backed away, heading back up to the manor.
Mey-Rin smiled, and giggled a bit at Sebastian being so worried about her. She thought it was very cute. She then was on her way into town, completely oblivious to a jealous pair of eyes that watched the whole thing between Mey-Rin and Sebastian, from behind a bush.
"Grrrrrrr! How could Bassy like someone like her?! She's so clumsy, and weird! She's got nothing on me! Why doesn't Bassy see all of the amazing traits that I have! Not her!", The person that had watched said, in a tone full of hatred for Mey-Rin.
It was grell. Almost as tall as Sebastian, quite slender, pale-skinned with neon green eyes, and long, long red hair. Her wore red glasses to make up for his nearsightedness, with a red suit, and he carried around a chainsaw. Or as he called it, his "death scythe."
"Grrrrrrr! I'll get her for this!", Grell shouted, as he ran out from the bush, and stalked Mey-Rin, into town.