第4章

NŌBURU ACADEMY

❝Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.❞
–    Carl Bard

Third-Person POV

On a beautiful rose garden, right outside an extravagant mansion, a beautiful young woman sat on a wooden bench with closed eyes.

The chilly wind blew her dark brown hair gently, making her look like an ethereal being.

Mayumi gradually opened her eyes when she felt a gentle tap on her left shoulder. She looked behind her and smiled when she realized it was her onii-sama, Tachibana Hideo.

He's wearing khaki trousers matched with a black and white striped shirt that suited him quite well– portraying a perfect and handsome university student.

Mayumi, on the other hand, is wearing her seifuku (制服, school uniform) which consists of a white long-sleeved shirt paired with a red necktie and a navy blue blazer with the Nōburu Academy crest, and it is matched with a tartan plaid skirt.

"Let’s go, Mayu-chan. It’s already half-past six and nyuugakushiki in the academy also starts at eight, right?" Hideo asked as he looked at her with concern.

Since the accident, his younger sister became quiet and docile. She was once contemptible due to her wretched behavior, but now she’s different... in a good way.

Mayumi nodded and stood up. "Let’s go, nii-sama." They walked side by side as they made their way towards the entrance of their mansion where a luxurious car was parked.

The chauffeur, a man in his fifties called Ito Masaki, opened the door for them whilst bowing in respect.

Once they're settled in the back seat, Masaki shut the door and walked around the car to the driver's side.

He turned the engine on and drove off towards their first destination– Nōburu Academy (ノーブルアカデミー).

A few minutes later, they stopped in front of an imposing gate. It stood ten feet high and silver in color.

"Thank you, Masaki-san." Mayumi said whilst smiling before opening the door at her side and getting off. "I'm going now, nii-sama. See you later."

Hideo nodded. "Just call me if you need anything." He said before looking at the still shocked chauffeur. "Let's go." Mayumi closed the door with a soft thud.

Masaki nodded as tears welled up from his eyes. He has been serving the Tachibana siblings since they were little, but this is the first time that Mayumi had thanked him. She even smiled genuinely at him!

Mayumi waved her hand with a small smile plastered on her face when the car pulled away.

Then, she slowly walked in the direction of the small gate beside the large one and swiped her identification card on the scanner.

In the university section (Nōburu University, also known as Nōdai), there's no prescribed seifuku (制服, school uniform) and everyone has the freedom to wear anything they like, but with the exception of clothes that expose body parts in an indecent manner.

Nōburu Academy, however, has a prescribed seifuku (制服, school uniform) from Yōchien (幼稚園, Nursery School) to Kōkō (高校, High School).

Each level has two versions of it: one for winter and one for summer.

For middle school and high school students, during winter (December-February) and spring (March-May), girls wear their seifuku which consists of a white long-sleeved shirt paired with a red necktie and a navy blue blazer with the academy crest, and it is matched with a tartan plaid skirt whilst boys wear white long-sleeved shirt paired with a red necktie and a navy blue jacket with the academy crest, and it is matched with tailored tartan trousers.