第10章

THE REVELATION

❝Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of few perceives what has been carefully hidden in the recesses of the mind.❞
– Phaedrus

Third-Person POV

Tachibana Mayumi turned to look at her parents beside her with furrowed brows, but what she saw made her eyes widened in disbelief. 'What...?'

Tachibana Emiko was deathly pale whilst her husband, Tachibana Benjiro, was gently caressing her back to comfort her. They looked as if they had done it a lot of times.

In Mayumi's entire eighteen years of existence, she had never seen her parents being intimate towards each other. It was a mystery to her and her oniisama, Tachibana Hideo, how they were both born when their parents can't even stand each other.

Tonight was the first time. She turned to look at Hideo, and just like her, he was wearing a bewildered look on his face whilst staring at their parents.

"What are you talking about, Okaasama?" Mayumi abruptly turned to Giichi as the latter spoke up whilst looking at Minamoto Haruki intently.

Haruki did not answer her son. She remained silent as her husband gently caressed her back and held her hand. Etsuji let out a deep, shaking sigh before turning to Sato Yuuto who's silently sitting near the sliding door made of translucent sheets. "Sato-san, bring the document here."

"Yes, Minamoto-sama." Sato bowed before opening the sliding door. He came back two minutes later, holding a thick brown folder and put it gently on Etsuji's table.

Whilst still caressing his wife's back, Tachibana Benjiro turned to look at Haruki and Etsuji. The latter stared at him, fear apparent in his eyes, before nodding firmly.

Etsuji flipped open the folder and took out something from it- a small, old photo. He handed it to his son who stared at it with furrowed brows. "That man is Nakamura Taichi, the current and sixth kumichō (組長, boss or chief) of Nakamura-gumi."

After staring at the photo for a long time, Giichi passed it unto Mayumi. The latter stared at the photo in disbelief, face turning deathly pale every passing second. With trembling hands, she passed it to her oniisama. Though she hasn't met the old man in the photo in person, she has seen him a lot of times in her vision.

"Mayumi-chan, are you all right?" Hideo asked, concern apparent in his voice, as he noticed her paling face. The rest also stared at Mayumi with concerned expressions on their faces, but she shook her head and forced out a smile. "I'm fine. Everyone, please don't worry about me."

Mayumi lowered her head as she tried to stop herself from shaking, but it was no use. She hastily covered her mouth with her left hand whilst her body trembled uncontrollably.

The man in the photo, though a bit younger, was the same old man who would convince and help her in kidnapping Hanami. 'This man is the leader of the largest Yakuza group in Japan, Nakamura-gumi? Unbelievable...'

"Nakamura-gumi is one of the largest criminal organizations in the world, bringing in billions of dollars a year from blackmailing, assassinations, extortion, gambling, internet pornography, arms trafficking, drug trafficking, and real estate and construction kickback schemes." Etsuji further explained as he passed various papers containing the information of the said organization.

It was Tachibana Benjiro who spoke next. "Taichi's younger sister, Akari-san, is chichi's (父, father) girlfriend. They were still in high school back then and the kumichō (組長, boss or chief) of Nakamura-gumi at that time was their otōsama, Nakamura Fuji. When the Tachibana Clan Elders knew about their relationship, they forcefully separated them and hastily arranged a marriage for chichi (父, father) and haha (母, mother). When Akira-san found out about the wedding she..."

Benjiro paused as he looked down and let out a deep sigh. "... she committed suicide. Her sudden death utterly broke their okaasama's heart and she also died a few days later."

1

1. -kun (君, くん) is generally used by people of senior status addressing or referring to those of junior status, by anyone addressing or it can be used when referring to men in general, male children or male teenagers, or among male friends.
2. Onii-sama is a Japanese honorifics that means "older brother".
3. Okaasama means "mother".
4. -sama (様, さま) is a more respectful version for people of a higher rank than oneself or divine, toward one's guests or customers, and sometimes toward people one greatly admires.
5. Otōsama means "father".
6. Chichi (父) is used to talk about one's own father.
7. Haha (母) is used to talk about one's own mother.

 Haha (母) is used to talk about one's own mother

Above are the pictures of Hashimoto Kanna. Isn't she beautiful? (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Anyways, I hope you're not confused with all the japanese words in this chapter (๑•﹏•).

Please vote and leave a comment.