NINE

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞

Hoseok wakes up alone and warm.

At first, it seems normal, he even puts the jacket on that lay around him.

When his mouth is painfully dry and he's suddenly very hungry, he notes that something's wrong. He crumbles the sleeves first when he opens his eyes and doesn't let them go until he registers where he is.

There's a cup of water and granola bar on the table beside him. Hoseok downs the later and leaves the bar in bits.

He rethinks the events of last night and his heart drops. He rubs his face in embarrassment when he remembers, Yoongi. That boy must think he's some type of fool.

His eyes widened when he saw the sweatshirt he was wearing was certainly not his, he remembers; it's Yoongi's.

For a split second, he thinks of taking it off, pretending it was never there, but his emotions get the best of his when he hugs himself into the soft fabric.

Hoseok was not taking this off any time soon, and who cares right? Yoongi's not here.

His thoughts were busted when he heard laughter coming from outside the room. He almost forgets he's not home.

Tumbling his way towards the laughter, his hands never leave the deep pockets. Before he even register's who's in the room he has wild hands thrown on him.

"Hoseok, my main, I'm not annoying, right?"

It's Jimin, bright smile, and deceiving manner in all.

Everyone else in the room looks at him with anticipation, Hoseok's surprised and suddenly very nervous.

So, in response, he bites his lip and gives a quick, short nod plus a timid hum.

He sees Seokjin rolled his eyes and smile while everyone else seemed displeased with his answer; Jimin is beaming.

"Fuck you all, I am the sweetest-"

He's rambling and Hoseok immediately tunes out and turns to the nearest face that isn't radiating pride.

He stutters, of course, he does, "w-wrong an-answer?"

Namjoon, Hoseok's intel, for now, eyes drop to the sweater the other is modeling before answering, "yes, wrong answer."

Moments later the party boy comes stumbling in the kitchen with blatant bed hair and gravelly voice.

He complains about having a headache but his loud voice betrays him.

Taehyung takes him into his arms and he seems to melt, it looks like a habitual thing, normal. Seokjin hands Jungkook a glass of water, only after smacking him across the head and lecturing him about alcoholism.

But all Hoseok focuses on is the way the couple looks at each other, suddenly he's painfully aware of the comfortable sweater he's wearing, he pouts. He pouts because he doesn't know what else to do. Although, it appears to be that his feet do because swiftly they lead him out the kitchen and to the front door.

He looks at the big sweater that's devouring him so pleasantly. Then, he hugged himself and let the smallest grin overcome him. Hoseok looks up and has a sharp intake of breath.

Yoongi's there, leaning against the porch twirling a lollipop in one hand and a cigarette in the other. He takes a glance behind him.

He speaks, "hi."

He puts the lollipop in his pocket.

The word gets caught in his throat and Hoseok struggles, for a moment he thinks of swallowing it back down, giving up and settling on a wave. It'd probably clearer then whatever was about to come out of his mouth if it did.

He balls the sweater in his hands and takes a deep breath.

"H-H-Hello," he swallows, then he gives up on the rest of his words, they're lost at sea now.

He doesn't meet Yoongi's eyes because frankly his terrified, part of him waits for a laugh or a rude comment.

He glances at him and Hoseok sees a smile.

Yoongi smiles and shakes his head, dismissing a thought about how the other innocently looked at him.

Yoongi now saw Hoseok's eyes stray the side of him and he looks away.

"I don't bite," he says.

The aforementioned catches on to his meaning, so he takes his chances.

Hoseok, all though Yoongi didn't see it nodded his way towards the taller boy.

"So..."

-

They talked, just for a little while, about school, friends, and random things like whether Hoseok prefers pineapple pizza over others. They don't speak of the night before.

It was nice though, they talked like they'd known each other for years.  For the first time, in a long time, Hoseok didn't mind his repetition of words.

It was when they heard the boys inside asking each other where they had gone when the two of them decided it'd probably be best to get back to the group.

They walked in on Jungkook complaining, he always seems to do that.

Conversations move fast when you can say what you want, Hoseok guesses.

"Bro, whomst took my damn gummies," he whined. Namjoon chimes in asking if he'd used the correct grammar but no one paid attention to him.

On the other hand, Hoseok went red. 

He pouted now, "they were the good ones too."

Taehyung rolled his eyes but draped an arm around his boyfriend. Probably whispering sweet, comforting, nothings in his ear.

It was then Hoseok realized what type of candies he took and he let out a small noise of surprise.

No one noticed, but, of course, Yoongi did.

"Are you going to tell him?" He whispered.

Hoseok shook his head.

"Good," before Hoseok could question that response, Yoongi kept talking, "someone might've had them last night, tall, lanky, black hair?"

Jungkook dramatically gasped, "Yugyeom?"

Yoongi shrugs.

Hoseok giggles, satisfied, and Yoongi joins him, they see Jungkook furiously typing of his phone. They stood close laughing to themselves while everyone else dealt with Jungkook.

They ended up eating breakfast with each other at a small diner a few blocks from Jungkook's house. With Hoseok's heart beating in his ears the whole time. The seven boys caused a ruckus and left before they could get kicked out. Though all the boys thought it was nice, hanging with a new group of friends.

Something in each of their lovely heads said this particular group might be around much more.

-

y'all don't know how badly i want to publish another book.

but i'm shit at updating, as you can tell.

ɾɟɥxʞs Ǝ⊥Ǝ⅂Ǝᗡ oʇ ʇuɐʍ ı