TEN

chapter ten | unlocked gates

Hoseok and Yoongi's project is finished in hours. Their presentation went well by Hoseok's standards. Yoongi, of course, did the talking. Hoseok was sitting in the chair with flushed cheeks and controlled all the technical stuff on a computer, sometimes finishing Yoongi's sentences.

They didn't talk a lot after that.

It was just passing smiles, and timid waves in the hallways. Hoseok did admit that he missed the older's company. As a result, of the hours Hoseok spent missing him, he never did give back his sweater.

It was starting to lose its smell of vanilla and lavender. (Hoseok was seriously considering asking what softener Yoongi's uses.)

Yoongi thought about approaching Hoseok too many times to count. He knows he isn't the most interesting person but seeing Hoseok lighting up and wearing his sweater, god, it seemed like Yoongi was just getting pulled toward him. Then, he comes back to the real world and thinks, maybe, he doesn't want to make a mess of himself in front of the pretty boy. So, he turns the other way, and does steal a few glances behind him.

Hoseok doesn't pay attention to Jin's rambling and brings Yoongi's sweater up to his face. His hood is up and he is playing with the neck of the sweater, shamelessly basking in the comfort and giddiness he gets every time he wears it.

When Hoseok looks up his bright eyes get big.

He tries to contain his smile but he is so visibly vibrating.

Hoseok shoves his papers in his backpack hurriedly and stands to leave the table.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung's sulky voice questions.

Hoseok gives them one last looks before practically skipping off. "Somewhere. D-Don't wait up for-for me."

He leaves the table in a state of question.

"Yoongi?" Taehyung asks the remaining people. He's guessing where Hoseok might've gone.

"Yoongi," Jimin deadpans.

Hoseok glides over to a gate. It isn't locked so he pulls it open and drops to his knees.

As expected, a familiar orange cat strides over to him.

She licks her paw slowly before rubbing her head into his knees once and walking right behind him.

She walks to a tree behind him and circles it, almost as if she's calling him over.

And he happily obliged.

Hoseok sits criss cross next to the big tree. The cat crawls into his legs and sprawls herself over him. She's purring softly and Hoseok has to stop himself from squeezing her.

And that's all Hoseok does until a shout catches both his attention and hers.

"Yoongi!"

Jackson is not so subtly gesturing to Hoseok sitting by himself and he tries to get his friend's attention.

Hoseok, now red in the face, pulls the sleeves of Yoongi's sweater to his hands and gazes at the suddenly interesting grass.