Guilty Party

WX-78 put three meat and a morsel into the crockpot before closing it

WX-78 put three meat and a morsel into the crockpot before closing it. Wormwood had almost fully healed over the course of the last few days, and they were able to stand again. They hadn't really done much since they healed, mostly because WX was still ever so slightly anxious. A lot had happened very quickly - the wave, the shadow attack - it was all pretty stressful. But the robot was sure - they would have everything sorted out before the half way point of winter. It was only day 23, after all.

The crockpot dinged as the meaty stew magically appeared, pot and all. WX-78 took it out by the handles, and strugglingly carried the hot food over to where Wormwood was (still) resting.

"HERE." WX said as they set it next to them. Wormwood tilted their head up slightly to meet the robots mechanical eyes.

"Thanks, Moon."

WX only smiled in response, getting up and walking away. Wormwood watched them, thoughts of guilt filling their mind. They had been with Moon only just over two weeks, but they had let themselves get overly attached. Wormwood tended to get very.. annoying, once they began to like someone - they made various plant friends uncomfortable with their excited nature. This made Wormwood think about something they hadn't before:

What if Moon felt the same way as those plant friends?

What if Moon wasn't comfortable with them around?

This thought changed something in Wormwood. They found themselves with an urge to balance - balance their annoying nature with something else, that was positive. They found themselves unconsciously working harder, giving themselves more work overall, and eating less in hopes to save resources. All of this was for one goal; if they could balance out that irritating part of them with hard work and very few resources going to waste, perhaps Moon would be willing to let them stay.

But with all the catastrophic events recently, they had begun to go against their morals - they were doing no work at all, and they were eating more than before. With every day that passed where they didn't help, they grew more and more anxious - any day could be the day Moon got fed up. Wormwood wasn't just working hard in order to stay at the base, of course - they also wanted to make Moon  happy. The robot friend was worth a lot to them - they really enjoyed their company, and liked to be living with them, despite the back of their mind reminding them that Moon doesn't feel the same. These two reasons pushed Wormwood to work harder then they ever would have. But right now, all they were was a drain - wasting Moons time and resources. They tried to heal as quickly as they could, but food wasn't helping, so Moon had instead suggested natural healing, where the minor wounds left would heal over time. Not wanting to cause conflict, Wormwood agreed to the idea, but their mind wasn't on the same page. They didn't want to waste any more time then they had. The balance they had promised to keep, not only to themself but to Moon as well - was beginning to shift for the worse.

Wormwood hated that.

They hated that Moon didn't seem bothered.

HSIXJDNWIXIC SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTERI'm not busy I'm just lazy

I'm not busy I'm just lazy

follow my askblog on tumblr - @officialwormwoodfacts

it's me and like seven other people, but you gotta start at the beginning if you want to see it. A lot happens.

A LOT