Yo man that spider looks kinda humanoi- oh what the fU

so uhh

there's this strange alien plant thing

and u h h h

( _)

 [DAY 49]

[DAY 49]

WX-78 slowly raised their hands to their head. Sure enough, their sensors detected the feeling of a flower, the delicate, soft touch of a petal. The robot groaned quietly in an attempt to not wake Wormwood up with their slight anger. It must've been that damn plants influence - spending all that time around them while they were in bloom had an effect on them, blooming a pink-green flower on their head. Who knows what else could be growing on them. The simple thought of organics covering their body was revolting. WX tried to pull the flower out, but when they started to tug on it their pain modules suddenly went buck wild, causing them to flinch away. The flower, or its stem, must've somehow gotten entangled in WX's wiring. The robot lowered their hands, sighing mechanically as they began to adjust to their new look.

Wormwood had fallen asleep right as night had began (for once) and WX had managed to get a few small chores done without incident. The darkness began to whisper incoherently once again however, which frightened WX somewhat. Since the incident, the night had done very little to threaten Wormwood, at least as far as the robot was concerned. In fact, whatever creature out there had been completely silent, causing WX to let their guard down. However, they would not be a fool twice. They gently pushed Wormwoods bedroll closer to the fire and sat beside them, ready to destroy whatever threat was lurking in the shadows. This proved itself to be unnecessary, as the night almost immediately bled into morning after WX took these precautions.

The robot muttered something about wasting their effort as they stood and looked to the sky, which seemed to be rather grey. Taking a glance at the rain-o-meter, WX could see it was not set to rain today, but the grey clouds reminded them - during that little frog incident, WX and Wormwood had used the last of their umbrellas - they'd have to go out and get more silk if they wanted to survive another rainfall. The robot took a glance to Wormwood, still injured, but decided they'd be fine. The spiders weren't too far away from the base and weren't that hard to fight either - the plant would probably be okay.

WX-78 set a hand on Wormwoods shoulder, gently shaking them awake.The two chatted a moment before preparing to head out.

Wormwood swung their arm back and forth, holding WX's hand in their own. The grass beneath their feet grew colorful with buds, flowers and and even tiny saplings as the plant walked - yet another strange side effect from their bloom. WX had marked some nearby spider nests that had seemed to have just spawned out of nowhere on their map, and the two were in comfortable silence. It was a rare occasion where the robot could catch a moment of peace from the plants consistent rambling - for a creature from the elegant, clear superiority that was the moon, Wormwood seemed to share very few qualities with it, like being QUIET. So it made WX quite pleased when the plant kept its mouth closed for a little, despite how much the robot liked them.