Spring Rains Are Not Fun and Gay Filler

lots of viewpoint changes in this one. try to keep up
i tend to write down the plot shortly and badly summarized here before i start writing then delete it later
my main idea for this chapter was, and i quote from my own writing: "we want some actual affection here people. i'm talking the real gay. let's get to it"

so that's what this is. gay.

have fun

[DAY 44]

[DAY 44]

WX-78 couldn't run any faster if they wanted to.

And oh boy, did they want to.

The rainfall was more heavy then it ever had been before, the shining droplets of water falling onto the ground like eraser shavings. Now that they had more materials, this wouldn't be a problem for WX - they'd just pull out an umbrella - but they had only one spare left, which broke a few seconds ago. They were getting soaked fast, and if they stayed in the rain a minute longer they'd definitely break. That, obviously, wasn't a good thing.

WX took a sharp right in the direction of where their base was, and saw a giant evergreen tree, standing tall and wide amongst the much smaller inferior ones. With no hesitation, the robot leaped under it's protecting leaves, which were so thick they kept out rainfall of all kinds.

"PROTECTIVE BRANCHES DETECTED."

WX smiled, filled with pride at their great capability as they cozied up under the trunk. They didn't know how much longer the rain would last, but they knew it wouldn't be much longer. Rainfalls never lasted too long around here. They'd be back to base before evening, for sure.

The minutes passed. No sign of the rain dying down.

An hour. Nothing.

Two hours.

"OH DEAR."