Chapter 18

~~ 3 Weeks Later ~~

Peeking my right eye around the tree trunk, I checked on the target. Good, we were still undetected. We had been very careful about remaining downwind from the target so that our scent wouldn't alert it.

Turning my head, I gave a thumbs up to Misaki who was hiding behind a tree to our right. Misaki nodded and proceeded to sneak towards a tree that was closer to the target. Rumi and Kiyoko were currently crouched beside me while Sakamae was hiding behind a tree to the left of us.

The five of us were currently hunting a lone deer, its antlers indicating it as a male of the species. It probably weighed between 80 and 90 pounds which was enough meat to feed us for about a week. As we didn't have any rice for carbohydrates, we had shifted to eating protein to compensate.

After arriving in this unknown land, we had yet to meet a single person. The first night here had been a bit rough as Tou-san had insisted on travelling about ten miles or so along the beach before finally deciding to set up a temporary camp for a late lunch.

He had chosen an area inside the forest, about a hundred feet or so from the sandy beach. After eating the onigiri which I had stored inside my Inventory the night before, we had then spent the afternoon cutting down trees and creating a makeshift wall around the three wagons which we had arranged in a roughly triangular shape.

With a small campfire in the middle of the three wagons, Tou-san then decided that we should try to settle in for the night. As no one had really felt like sleeping on the ground, most of us had slept inside the wagons. Tou-san had unsealed one of Ojii-san's rattan chairs and had slept on that chair next to the fire.

The following day, Tou-san had taken Naoko with him on horseback to explore the surrounding area. The rest of us set about making our camp a little more comfortable. I had suggested hammocks for beds, which my sisters had readily agreed to. After all, sleeping inside the limited confines of a wagon wasn't very comfortable.

After two hours spent exploring our surroundings, Tsuki had located a suitable area about half a mile inland from our camp site. After leaving a note pinned to a tree for Tou-san and Naoko that included directions to our new camp site, we shifted everyone over to the new location.

There was a river nearby for drinking water and the trees in that location were closer to each other, which allowed us to set up hammocks tied to four trees instead of the traditional two. We had used our bed linen to create the hammocks, one for each of my siblings and I.

My parents and our three grandparents had declined to sleep in hammocks, saying that they were more comfortable sleeping inside the wagons. After cutting down some of the surrounding trees, we set up a wall made of wooden logs.

I had been forced to use Chakra-Enhanced Muscles to place some of these tree logs in position as they were extremely heavy. We had stacked the wooden walls in a pyramid shape, placing several stakes into the ground to prevent the logs from rolling away or towards us.

We had managed to build about a quarter of the wall around our new campsite before Tou-san arrived back with Naoko. They had traveled further along the beach for another twenty miles but had failed to spot a single person. It seems that the coast that we were currently on was uninhabited.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 13, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Rise of The Gamer [A Naruto FanFiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें