Chapter 2: The Beach

The next morning, I follow the rest of the gang to the beach. Everybody changes into their swimsuits, and I'm impressed. Sky is wearing a cute, teal high waisted two piece swimsuit, Kate is wearing a black one piece swimsuit, I am wearing a bright blue tankini, and Ariel is wearing a hot pink bikini. The guys are wearing black trunks. We all have on matching shalls/coverups, and flip flops.
"I'm thirsty do you guys wanna get a drink?" Kate asks fanning herself with a paper plate she found on the ground.
"Yeah! But, I gotta put on some sunscreen first," Sky says slathering the white creamy substance on her skin.
"Fucking ginger," Jacob muttered.
"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Sky replies angrily. I stand there with my mouth open wide.
"It means that we don't have time for you to put on your freaking sunscreen! God, you only think about yourself," Jacob spits. Everybody is extremely shocked. Especially Sky.
"I'm sorry I don't want to die from skin cancer, Jacob, but," Sky is interrupted by Jacob slapping her across the face. She stands there shocked, and looks like she is about to cry. She's about to fire back, but Kate and I grab her wrist and stop her.
"JACOB! WHAT THE FUCK?!" Stefan yells. Kate and I take Sky, and we go to the pool, while Stefan continues to scream at him. We hear parts of their "conversation" like: Why would you even say that, and AGHH. We walk further from them, and find a nice place on the sand. We set down our towels, and start to swim, but Sky just sat there upset.
"Sky?" I ask softly, "Do you want to get something to drink?" She nods her head, we go walk to the bar. We sit down, and the bartender asks us what we want to drink.
"I'll have a Piña Colada please," Sky asks softly.
"I'll have the same," Kate and I say. As the bartender is making the drinks, Jacob and Stefan walk over. Jacob has his hands behind is back.
"Sky, the reason why I acted to mean towards you, is," Jacob rambled.
"IS," Stefan nudged him.
"I, like you," Jacob sputtered. I tried to keep a straight face, but my heart felt shattered.
"Do you like me?" He asked.
"Uh, Jacob, sorry but I don't feel that way towards you, maybe there's someone else," She rejected him. I felt my heart skip a beat even though it shouldn't. I don't like Jacob. That was last year. As I sip my drink, my mind drifts off to last year, whenever I told Jacob I was in love with him.
*Flashback*
I was standing in the middle of the dance floor, at Jeanie's party. Everybody was invited. Everybody was either passed out, or making out with some stranger. That's what Jacob was doing. About thirty minutes ago, he started flirting with some tan, blonde, basic white girl. Now he had her pressed up against the wall, and was making out with her. That was when that crossed the line.
"ENOUGH!" I screamed over the music at Jacob. He raised an eyebrow at me, and let continue, "Jacob, ok here it goes, I like you, very much, no wait I'm in love with you," He looked at me shocked and he walked over to me.
"You feel that way too?" He said cupping my cheek. I nodded while biting my lip.
"I'm in love with you too, Melissa," He said kissing my neck. "JUST KIDDING!" He practically yelled into my ear, causing my heart to shatter in one million pieces.
*back in reality*
After the scene, we splashed around a bit and mostly stayed at the bar. At one point, a shirtless guy walked up to us and tried flirting. Sky tried to flirt back, but I guess he wasn't after her and just ignored her. Kate was sarcastic and so he stopped trying early on. So the only one left here was me.
"Hey baby, what's shaking?" The strange man said to me while flexing his non-existent biceps. Sky has bigger biceps than him. I silently laughed in my head, and I planned on flirting back just for fun.
"Oh," I said acting nervous, "N-nothing really."
"That's too bad, so do you have a boyfriend?" He asked flashing his pearly whites at me. I quickly glanced at Jacob for a moment, and I noticed that he was clenching his fists. He was clenching them so hard that his knuckles were turning white on his tanned skin. I quickly looked back at the man, and replied, "Oh, no, I don't, what's your name by the way?" I said my green eyes peering into his dark brown eyes. After he told me his name was Travis, I excused myself to go pee.
Kate had to show me the way, and we were laughing about Travis to no end.
"Did you see Jacob, I swear he was going to explode!" I tell her. She just laughs along.
Later, on our way back, we see Sky out on the water and Jacob guarding our drinks.
"Thanks." I tell him as we sit down.
"For that, I get a sip." He says, sipping down my drink.
"Okay! That's enough." I say as he drinks the last of it.
He smiled for a brief second, opened his mouth to respond, and then collapsed onto the sand.