Chapter 8.) The Date (that ryhmedXD)

There was still a few hours until Jacob was to be released so the girls dragged me back to Sky's place.
"I can't believe you're back! It seems like you've been gone forever!" Ariel said giddily.
"How'd you get the money?" Sky asked.
I launched into my story, watching them gasp and shake their heads at my true words. It was obviously not what they were expecting.
"Well the job could've been a lot worse." Kate pointed out. I just laughed and shook my head.
"Melissa you're skinny as a twig, I'm going to make you something-" Sky started to say, but I cut her off.
"Don't you start, Jacob and I are getting food once he's out of the hospital," They all "aww" at this, causing me to blush, "And what happened while I was gone?"
"Nothing much. I'm graduating in a few weeks, Ariel had to drop out, and Sky is trying to find a school to teach at once she graduates." Kate informed me.
We just talked and caught up for the next hour or so. They all wanted to help me get ready for my date, but I wouldn't let them- Jacob has seen me at my worst and he was taking me to McDonald's. Not a very fancy first date, but I'm not complaining.
When I finally left Sky's house I was jittery- it's so easy to screw up a first date. Knowing me, I probably would do something stupid. Kate didn't fail to point that out as I left, which I replied to her with a sarcastic thanks.
I walk into the nearest McDonald's, scanning the seats for him.
"Hello there." Came his voice from beside me, causing me to jump out of my skin.
"Jacob that scared the living daylights out of me." I said between laughs. We laughed for a moment and locked eyes. His warm brown eyes seemed to be full of laughter and I loved it.
"Let's order, shall we?" I suggest after we catch our breath.
"Let's" he says, playfully sticking out his arm. I grab it and we stroll up to the cashier.
We order our food- which I didn't have to pay for in the end- and sit down at a booth.
As we sit down, my phone vibrates with a text. I check it all ninja-like and see it's from Ariel in a group chat of the girls.
A-STEFAN JUST PROPOSED!!
S- No way!
K-Congrats!
A- He wants to have the wedding before the baby shows, which means about a month from now!
S- that's way too soon for a proper wedding!
A- I know, but I've already picked my bridesmaids!
S- Who?
A-YOU GUYS OF COURSE
S- but who's the moh?
A- sky it'll be you of course.
S- IM GOING TO BE THE MAID OF HONOR!!!!
At this point, Jacob cleared his throat and I instantly put away my phone, feeling embarrassed.
"Sorry, Ariel was just sharing the big news." I say. He looks confused.
"What news?"
"Stefan proposed to her! The weddings in a month so the baby won't show as much." I say, getting a bit giddy.
"Well good to know he finally asked" As he said this, his phone went off, "Well looks like I'm a groomsman. His brothers are the rest, and one of them is also the best man."
"So what's been going on with you?" I ask- my mouth partially full.
"Not much." He says with a full mouth of food, sending a half eaten fry across the table. We both stare at it for a second, then burst out laughing.
We talked away the afternoon. When 6 rolled around, we decided we should proably end the date.
"Well this has been nice," I say, climbing out of his car. He climbs out the other side and walks me to my door.
"I'll text you later, girlfriend" he says in a joking matter.
"See you, boyfriend." I kiss him on the cheek and walk into my apartment, leaving him surprised. I lock my apartment door and slide on to the floor. I sigh, best date ever.

~end of chapter~