7

When Bakugo woke up, the first thing he noticed was that the room was dark save for a sliver of light coming from the bathroom. The second thing he noticed was that he was on the couch in his living room, and there was somebody else with him.

He remembered, then. Everything that had happened. After posting the video, he'd logged off of everything for a couple hours and took care of things around the house. He cleaned up and ate something for lunch before going back to the computer to look at the comment section on the explanation video.

That was when his day got ruined.

He'd completely lost himself to his anger and frustration. People could just never be satisfied, could they? Nothing would ever be good enough for them. When he'd gotten the text from Shitty Hair about an hour afterwards, the thought of turning him down hadn't even crossed his mind.

Now, here he was, probably much later than he'd originally intended to stay, fast asleep there with him to keep him company. Bakugo hardly remembered how they'd ended up in the position they were in, but he wasn't about to complain when Shitty Hair's chest was so fucking comfortable.

He looked back towards the wall with the clock and saw that it was just past two in the morning. He didn't want to wake up Kirishima, so instead he slowly got to his feet and trudged to the bathroom. He thought about trying to bring Kirishima to lay in his bed, since it was the least he could have done, but decided to just let him sleep.

In the end, after he was finished in the bathroom, he returned back to the same spot, this time pulling his legs up onto the couch too and resting his head in Kirishima's lap. The new position was even more comfortable than the previous had been, though Bakugo would never admit it.

It only took him a few minutes to fall back asleep. Being with Kirishima had a calming effect on him for some reason, making it easier to relax. His rational mind was telling him he'd be facing the awkward consequences in the morning, but at that he was just too damn comfortable to give a damn.

~~~~~

He woke up a second time several hours later, and sat up only to find that Kirishima was already wide awake, and his face was almost as red as his hair. He huffed, getting to his feet and stretching his sore limbs from the awkward positions. "The fuck is your problem, Shitty Hair?" He asked groggily.

"N-nothing!" He stammered. "I-It's just...k-kinda hot in here, ya know?"

Bakugo tched, turning to head for the kitchen and taking two bowls down from the cabinet. He knew exactly why Shitty Hair was so red, and it had nothing to do with the heater. And if he thought about it too much, he would start getting red too, so he tried not to.

"Cereal alright with you?" He asked.

"It's fine." Kirishima said, suddenly appearing beside him. Bakugo tried not to think about how close he was, instead focusing intently on preparing the food for the both of them. When he'd finished, he placed both bowls on the island counters and sat down on the stool.

Kirishima sat next to him with his bowl, and as they ate an awkward silence settled over them. Kirishima's constant nervous fidgeting only made it that much worse.

After ten whole minutes of it, Kirishima finally seemed to break. He cleared his throat and let out an obviously forced laugh. "So, uh...how are you doing? You know...with the reactions to your video yesterday, I thought--"

"I'm fine." Bakugo snapped. "Not like it's my first time dealing with haters."

"Yeah, but..." Kirishima leaned over until Bakugo could see his face, morphed into an expression of concern. "This is different, Bakugo."

If it had been anybody else, even Deku, he probably would have blown up at them and forced them to leave, but this was Kirishima, and he just couldn't bring himself to do that. Kirishima jist wanted to help him, and Bakugo couldn't get mad at him when he had that look on hia face. It was virtually impossible.

"Bakugo?" Kirishima's voice made him realize his hand was shaking, and he dropped the spoon into the bowl and used his hands to cover his face. He didn't want Kirishima to see his expression.

"Bakugo!" Kirishima's voice sounded slightly panicked now. "A-Are you okay, dude? Bakugo!"

"I'm fine!" Bakugo snapped again, but his voice cracked, giving him away.

He felt Kirishima's hand come to rest on his back and start rubbing gentle circles. "Hey...I-It's okay. I know this is difficult...well, that's probably a huge understatement, but--"

"Kirishima, shut up." Bakugo mumbled, and he did.

After a few more minutes Bakugo used to compose himself, he lifted his head and turned to face his redheaded friend. "I know I'm being an ass, so...I'm...sorry about that. It's just that...I don't know what to do. I just want to know what I need to do to fix this."

Kirishima frowned and moved his hand from his back to wrap it around his shoulders. Bakugo fiund himself leaning into the embrace as his eyes began to sting. "I know." Kirishima's voice echoed from how close the two boys were to each other. "I wish I could do something to make them see. They just don't understand."

Later, he would never admit it, but Bakugo started to cry, tgen. He couldn't stop once he'd started, and a part pf him expected Kirishima to start thinking less of him for it, but he did exactly the opposite. He stayed there and comforted him for the rest of the morning.

***I'm really sorry for a short chapter (not even 1,000 words gahhh) but I'm going to be super busy this week and probably won't have much time to write, so I wanted to post something before the craziness begins tomorrow. More angst to come! Thanks for reading, I love y'all!***