17

So, I decided to just skip ahead a couple weeks or so to avoid any more awkwardly written filler chapters. So, as of now, Thanksgiving has passed and there's now only a few days left for Kirishima to decide everything. Which will happen in this chapter so help me God. Also, this book is almost finished...just a warning. Enjoy! PS: I've said it before but I'll say it again, Kirishima does not have any canon family so I made them up. And ProtoTypeBK helped me come up with the names...like two months ago xD

More and more time passed and before he knew it, it was mid-December and with just a couple days left until Christmas, Kirishima had to make his decision. He was sitting on a barstool in his kitchen, staring at his dad's contact in his phone.

He had to call him. He had to call him and tell him his decision that day or else it would be too late for anything. The issue was he still hadn't made up his mind about going or not. He was still thinking about that when the image of his dad's contact was replaced by an incoming call. Kirishima half expected it to be Bakugo, but instead it was an unknown number. Frowning, he picked it up off the counter and pressed the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Eijiro? This is you, right?"

Kirishima furrowed his brows. "Wait...Eitaro?"

"Well, would you look at that! He remembers me!" A familiar laugh filled his ears. It was his older brother Eitaro that had called him, and it felt like a dream. He hadn't spoken to him in so long.

"Of course I remember you." Kirishima said, feeling himself start to relax already. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good, little bro! I started this great job and I'm dating a really awesome girl. So, what about you?"

"Well...uh...work is going good, I guess."

"So I've heard. I'm happy for you. And uh...what about your love life? Anything new there?"

He blushed and was extremely thankful that Eitaro couldn't see his face because he definitely would have started teasing him for it. "Well...there's...a guy."

"Oh? And who is this guy?"

"He's just...I mean, at the moment...he's just a friend. But I do really like him. I think maybe even love him."

"That so? Well, then I hope you're bringing this guy with you for Christmas."

Kirishima froze. An awkward silence passed over the two brothers until Eitaro awkwardly cleared his throat. "Er...sorry."

"Did...he ask you to call me?"

A small pause. Then, "Yeah. Sorry."

He sighed. "No, it's fine. I was just thinking about this when you called anyway."

"Well, if it's any help, I think you should come. I'm going to be there, and so will Tamiko. She really misses having you around, you know."

"I know, believe me I do. It's just--"

"Dad,"

"Yeah...that."

Eitaro sighed. "Look, I know you and him don't exactly get along, but he's trying, Eijiro. He's really trying. And at the end of the day it's still your decision, but I think you should at least give him a chance. And bring this guy. He'll need to know the rules before he gets permission to date my little brother."

Kirishima smiled. "Alright...I'll go. I'll give him a chance to prove that he's changed. But...only one."

"Attaboy. So I'll be seeing you there on Christmas Eve, right?"