9

***Alright, so this chapter is gonna be a nice one. I keep saying angst is coming but it always turns out a lot less than I really want it to be. But y'all will like this chapter, I know it ;) Even if I don't like how it ended, because I was rushing. I'm hoping I can get some more angsty stuff, like real angst, in eventually. But...oh well. Anyways, before you read the new chapter, I wanted to point out that I have a new book! It is also Kiribaku, but it's based off of a short comic I saw by princebunbuns on Instagram. It was a Detroit: Become Human AU, and if you haven't played the game or watched someone play it, go do it, because that game was fucking amazing. I love the concept, and that comic inspired me soooo much I just had to write something for it. So I did. It's already published on both Wattpad and FF, and it's titled Blue Blood (which is a reference to something from the game), so please go check it out if that sounds at all interesting. Thanks, guys! And now the chapter!***

"Kiri? Hey Kirishima, dude, are you okay?"

Kirishima blinked, finally glancing away from his phone in order to make eye contact with his coworker and close friend, Tetsutetsu. He was smirking, a mischievous look in his gray eyes.

"Damn, man, you were really out of it for a while there." He grinned, showing off the shark teeth identical to Kirishima's. "So, who's the lucky girl, eh?"

Kirishima dropped his phone onto the surface of the break room table and waved his hands in front of him, shaking his head in a frantic attempt to deny his friend's claim. "I-It's nothing like that, man, I swear!"

"Uh huh, sure, okay. In that case, who's the lucky guy?"

"I--uh..."

"I knew it!" He laughed triumphantly. "Well, anyway, I'm proud of you, man. Finally getting yourself a guy after all this time."

"I told you, it's not like that!" Kirishima groaned, picking up his phone again. "Bakugo...h-he's just a good friend of mine. He wants to come down here to wait until my shift is over."

Tetsutetsu arched an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you're friend zoning this guy, Kirishima. Because that's so not cool."

Kirishima clenched his fists, feeling his face heat up as he thought about that morning. "Come on, man! I told you, it's not--"

Tetsutetsu laughed. "Whatever you say, man. Well, my break is over, so I gotta get back to work, but good luck getting your man!"

"Knock it off!" He called, but Tetsutetsu was still laughing as he shut the door to the break room behind him. With a heavy sigh, Kirishima picked up his phone again and typed in the address for Bakugo. Once it was sent, he set his phone aside and draped himself over the table.

He shouldn't be thinking about what Tetsutetsu had said. He didn't like Bakugo in that way, did he? Bakugo was great and all, sure, but he was just a friend. Although Kirishima did have to admit he was easy on the eyes...

"Argh!" He slapped a hand over his face. "Stop it, Eijiro. Bakugo's your friend, nothing else. He'd never like you that way, so don't even think about it."

Before he knew it, his break was over, and he left the break room and went to go stock shelves. They'd just received a new shipment of DVDs, and it was part of his job to make sure they were placed in the right spot.

He was halfway through the box when he heard the bell on the door ring, signalling a customer had entered. He glanced over his shoulder, only to break out in a huge grin when he saw the familiar spiky blond hair and scowling face. He was staring down at his phone, and he looked more annoyed than usual.

"Hey, Bakugo!" He called, trying to be quiet enough so his boss wouldn't hear him, but Bakugo could. Sure enough, Bakugo heard him and looked in his direction before making his way over.