Eight- The Dinner

Just as I finish showering there's a knock on my door. I quickly throw on a big sweater and open the door to see Lilith. I furrow my brows and she quickly raises her hands in surrender.

"Listen, I just came to talk," She sighs, "I know you probably hate me but I wanted to apologize."

I raise a brow, "For what exactly? Sending an army after me to kill me in my second lifetime? Constantly being a bitch?"

"If you're going to be an asshole I'm not going to do this," She rolls her eyes, "You don't understand."

"Then help me understand," I sigh folding my arms.

"Can I come in?" She pauses and sighs when I don't answer right away, "I can't kill you what's the harm?"

"Fine," I say and step aside letting her in.

"Thank you, look at this progress," She chuckles and I let out a deep breath.

"Okay, let's talk," I sit on the bed and look at her expectantly.

"I'm the OG demon. I was created in heaven, unlike the rest of the demons. Sure, it was the same walls of hell that created us all but-"

"Wait. Did you just say demons are created from the walls of hell?" I raise a brow and she nods in confusion, "Okay... continue."

Weird.

"I was the first, sure we don't really have feelings but we do," She sighs, "I love Lucifer with my whole non-existent heart. I was created to love him, to be his go to and his other half. That was my purpose. When you came here its like I never existed. Lucy doesn't even look at me in the eyes unless its to scream at me. He hates me."

I almost think she's going to cry but I know that's impossible, "You've done some really terrible things, Lilith. Not including what you did to me. The Horsemen? They may be okay guys but their purpose is terrible."

"I already know, Lucifer gave me ages of punishment for that," She sighs, "I was created by God, too. The only demon created by God. You know how every demon has a purpose?"

I nod.

"Well, my purpose is simply Lucifer," She says and sits down on the bed next to me dropping her head in her hands, "I was told to do whatever it took to be his best friend. To find out what he really wants, what his deepest desires are, what his intentions with the humans were, what he thought about God. It was stupid- I- God creating me was simply out of pettiness. I was a spy."

She snorts and finally meets my eyes, "Just like you."

"I wasn't a spy exactly," I defend and she chuckles.

"I was obsessed with you because Lucifer loved you," She shakes her head, "The very thing that keeps me going was going for someone else. Do you know what that did to me?"

"I can't say it exactly hurt- demons don't have feelings," I mumble.

"But it does, everyday," She whines as a tear falls down her face.

My eyebrows furrow as I stare at her with an immense amount of confusion. I've never seen or even heard of a demon crying.

"I'm not like the other demons, I have feelings. I experience jealousy, anger, sadness, love, happiness," she hesitates, "Fear."

"Fear?" I shake my head.

"Of you, of losing Lucy to you," She sighs, "I know I already have multiple times but it still gives me anxiety. Look at that another emotion."

"Why are you so different?" I ask.

"I think because I was created by God," She shrugs, "He's powerful enough to give me emotions, Lucifer created the rest of us but I know he's powerful as fuck."