Chapter 15

For some reason, I think about when I am going to update every morning, except for Saturdays! I should probably change update day at some point. Until then, sorry!

Back at New Berk, everyone was hard at work taking apart the Screaming Death shed, and building armor for their dragons. "Use lock stitch!" Christopher reminded them, "Snotlout Jorgensen reminds us only to use lock stitch for armor, or else it will come undone in his memoirs." "Vain man." he muttered to himself.

And as this was happening, some of the best riders (plus a vengeful Lila) were planning in the Great Hall.

"We need to free as many dragons as possible, or we won't have another chance against these guys." Hiccup said, gesturing to the dragon cages they had drawn out. "Plus, we need to get Soren out of there as quickly as possible. "Oh," Lila said, an evil smile on her face, "Leave that to me."

~/|\~

"Don't bother lying to me." Draco Bludvist said, as the sword moved closer to Soren's throat. "My sources know that the first name of the leader is an involuntary bodily function, and his last is the name of a fish. And, I know it sounds complete ridiculous." Draco said this in such an intense voice that Soren would have laughed, if laughing wouldn't get his throat slit. "I wasn't planning on lying." Soren said pleasantly. "The name of our leader is...Sneeze Cod."

"You did good." the guard said to Soren, as he shackled him to the wall of his cell. "Most prisoners don't talk, and then Draco ends up slitting their throats, and killing our intelligence." Soren winced sympathetically. "Ooh. That's rough." "No kidding!" the guard said, and walked off.

30 minutes later, he was thrown off the side of the ship for insulting the leader.

~/|\~

If there was an alternate form of resignation other than death in this army, Lookout 132 would have done it.

He was once again placed as a lookout near the front of the army, clear in the blast range. So, he had spent his whole shift in terror. Finally, the bell marked the switch time, and Lookout 132 gladly turned his back.

Which was obviously the time a blast of fire had to land right behind him, knocking him straight into the mast.

The Dragon Riders didn't try for stealth this time. They came shooting in, dragons blazing, and took out half the fleet they were targeting.

Immediately, the hidden fleet pulled out from behind and island, and set dragon fire on the riders, attempting to blind them.

But the riders were ready. They knew exactly where the ships were, and they dove down, not minding the blind arrows that came shooting at them, as their armor dealt with them.

So the Dragon Hunters didn't expect when the Dragon Riders flew out unharmed, and destroyed the shackles and cages on the ships. Their weapon had been decimated.

Suddenly, the Dragon Riders were winning, and the hunters were panicking. Hiccup smiled, and yelled, "Lila, all yours!"

Then Lila hopped on Darkfyre, and plunged in, screaming a war cry. "WHERE IS SOREN?!!!" she roared, hovering over one of the boats and brandishing a bloody sickle.

The hunters were terrified, and mutely pointed to one of the middle boats. Darkfyre growled, and shot off.

Soren waited patiently in his cell as the sounds of screaming began. There was a roaring, then the whistle of a Night Fury, then a thud on the deck. Finally, guards opened Soren's cell, and grabbed him, holding him at knife point. "We have a special job for you..." one said evilly.

"WHERE IS SOREN?!!!" Lila once again yelled, as the landed on the indicated ship. The dumbstruck guards pointed to the hold, and Lila rushed over, kicking the trapdoor down.

There was hardly a scuffle, and the entrance guards were on the floor, Lila breathing hard standing over them. Then, she and Darkfyre took off, opening cells and obliterating guards, until someone yelled "HALT OR YOUR BOYFRIEND GETS IT!" "You know, that line is kind of cliche now. I mean, everyone uses it! And it's best friend. Back at base, we only count as one person anyway!" Soren said, struggling in the hands of the guards. Lila whirled around, and face the men. "You." she snarled.

"Leave now, or we'll kill him!" one of the guards threatened, but Lila stood her ground. "Wait." Soren interrupted, "You think it is a smart idea to threaten my life in front of my best friend, who is wielding a bloody sword?" "Yeah," one of the guards said, confused. "Why isn't it?" "Okay, just checking." Soren smirked, and stopped squirming. The guards turned back, to find Lila swinging the sword straight at their heads.

Soren's shackles fell, and he shook them off, smiling at the nerve of the guards. "SOREN!" Lila shouted, and hugged him. 'Soren!!!' Darkfyre seemed to say, and hugged to two of them, knocking all three over.

Soren groaned, and tried to scoot away from Darkfyre's tongue, who was licking him profusely. "Aw come on!" Soren said, "You know that doesn't wash out!"

Then, there was shouting, as guards charged down to their level. "Time to go!" Soren said, and he and Lila hopped on Darkfyre. Then, they turned, and faced the entire force of the ship, who were threatening them with swords. "Oh please!" Soren said, and Darkfyre loaded a plasma blast.

Out on the battlefield, the riders were fighting fiercely, destroying the boats at an astronomical rate. Then, there was an explosion of purple plasma, and Darkfyre came shooting out, with Soren and Lila on his back.

"They're out!" Annie yelled, as she circled around on Moonglow for another attack. Then, the horns sounded, and the Dragon Hunters retreated again, with a severely decimated captured dragon population. And again, they could hear Draco Bludvist's roar of fury.

The Dragon Riders pulled into formation, and cheered. "We won!" Sarah roared. And Hiccup happily thought, Maybe the dragons are fine here after all!

But Draco Bludvist had other ideas.

Next Saturday, I PROMISE I will update on time! (maybe...)