Chapter 19

Okay, maybe Tuesdays aren't working wonders for me.

Lookout 132 was very, very close to the breaking point. Instead of watching on his shift, he cowered in the hold, hoping no one would find him, and he couldn't be set on fire again. But that wasn't the problem, as he was knocked out with the flat of an axe by some very familiar faces...

20 minutes earlier...

Hiccup hopped on Shadow, and checked the tightness of the knot holding the thick seaweed rope on Shadow's tail. Behind him, a couple of Berkians were manning the long coil, and more were finishing weaving the rope. By this time, it was sunny from horizon to horizon, making it harder for the hunters to see what was coming. "Everyone ready?" Hiccup asked, turning. "Ready!" The Berkians said. Then, Shadow took off.

Immediately, Berkians were feeding more rope, and Shadow flew comfortably towards the armada. They stayed low to the sea, hiding, until they reached their first target, a perimeter boat further away than most from the rest of the ships.

When they reached the ship, Hiccup and Shadow both took deep breaths, and dove underwater, keeping the whole rope under the waves as they attached it solidly to the bottom of the ship. Then, the paddled up, and emerged right above water. They gave a thumbs up.

"Time to go!" Ruffnut said, and the Berkians held up the end of the seaweed rope, which was hollowed, and slid in, using the smooth texture to slid on their stomachs like penguins.

Then, they slid off of land, and into the ocean. As they had hoped, the seaweed was mostly watertight, and they quickly slid undetected towards the ship, until the front people hit wood. Lila took out a dagger she kept in her sleeve, and quickly sawed a hole in the boat, pulling herself up, then helping Soren, then the two got everyone else up.

The bottom of the boat was low and creaky, guards thumping around on the boards above them. Annie took point, and ordered a couple other fighters behind her. Then, Lila cut a square in the ceiling, and the Berkians hopped out, taking the guards completely by surprise.

The skirmish hardly lasted a minute, before no one besides the Berkians were left. They nodded in satisfaction, and the rest of the Berkians climbed up, while Annie and the fighters took the next level. Soon, the hold was secure, even an unlucky Lookout who had been hiding from the job.

The Berkians slid up onto the deck, and also stealthily took out everyone on the top, even the man in the crow's nest got an arrow to the butt. They had commandeered a ship.

"Alright," Tuffnut said, "Part Two!"

One of the Berkians took charge of the helm, and began to subtly steer the ship towards the main area, while Berkians dressed in guard clothes, and others set up their tricks.

Finally, they pulled up next to a couple ships, who looked at them in confusion. "What are you doing?" Get back in forma..." BOOM!!!

Just as they had pulled up, the first prank had been launched. Literally. A couple of Berkians had fired a catapult, which had subsequently been covered with very flammable mead, and smashed into ships on the other side of the army, hitting watch fires and exploding on impact.

Everyone's heads whirled in that direction, trying to see what had happened. In the meantime, someone dropped a small piece of metal twine between two important mast bracers on a near ship, and sent a little shock of electricity borrowed from Sarah's neutron gun.

This was catastrophic. There was a small BANG!, and the mast of the ship shattered at the bottom, and came crashing down on a couple other ships, destroying them.