Chapter 20

Chapter 19 had a kind of lame way of freeing the dragons, so I went back and edited it to something more realistic. I'd recommend re-reading it!

Draco Bludvist was done waiting. He charged out onto the deck of his ship, waving his sharp staff maniacally.

But there was no use.

The flying ship charged in, using itself as a wrecking ball to obliterate ships, while it was slowly destroyed as well. And every time a ship was destroyed, Berkians would jump off, and land solidly on the backs of the dragons!

The Dragon Riders soared up, and the riders greeted their dragon friends affectionately, undoing any chains that might still be on them.

Hiccup swooped over the ships, watching in satisfaction as every rider mounted up, and formed a cloud of beating wings in the sky. And soon, the prank ship was gone, and all the Dragon Riders were in the air, waiting for him.

Hiccup swooped up, and Shadow illuminated the spines on his back, and roared a fearsome roar.

The Hunters cowered, not caring the repercussions, for this was too terrifying of an enemy to face. Even Draco flinched away, knowing full well what an Alpha Night Fury could do.

"Okay Dragon Riders!" Hiccup yelled, igniting the Inferno Zero once more, "Let's show them what we can do!" And all the Berkians charged in, dragons blazing, weapons out, and yelling war cries.

There was a thunderous collision, as the Dragon Riders descended on the thousand boats that were left, outnumbering the Berkians 20 to 1. Still, the dragons attacked with ferocity, and the ships quickly fell.

But Draco Bludvist would not give up that easily. "Fight back!! We have beaten them before, we can do it again!" he roared, summoning the hunters. And even through their fear, the hunters understood that doing nothing would get them killed very quickly, so they manned the catapults, and began to defend their ships.

The Dragon Riders had been expecting this, and changed their tactics, dropped out of the charge and strategically dodging, destroying ships at a far slower rate, but preventing themselves from being captured. After all, with so few left, there was only so much the ships could do.

Draco roared in fury. His tactics weren't working anymore! "How are you doing it! How are you beating me!" he roared to the sky. "Simple." Hiccup said, from his post on Shadow, "We aren't afraid of you now." Then, he flew off, destroying the guard ships around the flagship.

"Aren't afraid..." Draco muttered, "Well then, let's make you afraid!" And he pulled on a chain, and a creaking emitted from the front of the flagship. Suddenly, the metal tusk at the front of the boat began to change. Bolas and ballistas began to roll out, and aim in every direction. Then, they all fired.

Suddenly, the Dragon Riders went all on defense, desperately trying not to get impaled by the sharp objects.

"Thank goodness I destroyed one of these things!" Soren yelled to Lila, as they spiraled around, trying to dodge a tight wave of arrows.

Hiccup was terrified. There was no way all the Berkians could continue to dodge without any casualties! Then, an idea occurred to him. "Shadow! You can go up high where you can see everything and lead them! Make sure they all stay safe!" he yelled, and Shadow nodded, pulling up way out of arrow range, and once again lighting his spines up blue.

Then, he let out a huge roar, and the pupils of all the dragons became smaller. Suddenly, directions were broadcasted to the brains of all the dragons, and they began to follow, using Shadow's sight from up above and strategic ability to dodge weapons quickly and efficiently.