Infected

Percy pov~

My words had scared me just as much as everyone else. I was terrified. The cabin became cold the water freezing to ice as I curled in my bed my body shaking. Even when working for chaos I never thought something like this would be possible.

I cradled my head in my hands, when a nock sounded at the door.

"Percy?" I made a noise and the person decided they could come in.

I looked up and saw Annabeth a worried look in her eyes. She came and sat beside me, her hand resting beside mine. Ever since our separation, we had not been the same. We would never be the same. I gave her a small smile before turning away.

Unlike me, she still had her knowledge, even the gods being gone couldn't take that from her.

"How, how are we going to do this. I, I never imagined this would happen. What did we do to Malice, why now." Annabeth was silent and I put my head on her shoulder.

I remembered the dungeon the pain, the torture. I would have fathered gone through Tartarus ten times then have to endure that pain again. I had lost my will to live, my will to exist. I couldn't bear to have Annabeth go through that pain.

It was then that I realized Our love had never changed, and we had never given up. In the end we had only gotten stronger on the outside, but on the inside we were both still broken and scared.

"Percy." She said after a moment of silence.

"I love you." Even with only those three words she had lot a fire in me. she wasn't telling me this to cheer me up or comfort me. she was telling me that she was going to fight for our love and I was going to fight for our love too. even though it was cheesier than the cheese whiz we had at camp it was the reason I was going to fight.

Leo pov~

He paced in front of Festus, as he creepily moved his head and watched me walk in circles. Leo hadn't seen Calypso for days ever since she left to gather a rare flower with some of the Demeter kids.

Leo heard a knock on his door and rushed to open it.

"Oh." He mumbled as Jason walked in.

"It's just you." Jason brushed off the comment as he walked towards Leo.

"Leo I need you help." he said turning around.

"What?" Leo said looking at his gloomy friend.

"Well um I was at the arena and my glasses broke." he said handing them over.

"Again!? Come on Sparky just let me modify them it will make them so much cooler." He said slipping into a daze.

Jason began to tell Leo what had happened but Leo was already lost in his mechanical dreams.

"So when I-" Jason continued but was soon interrupted by Leo.

"How about a bazooka your glasses would be death glasses." Leo said excitedly. Jason rolled his eyes before snatching his glasses back.

"I'm just going to ask Beckendorf to fix them." he said before dashing out so Leo wouldn't add some cyborg third arm to his body.

Leo plumped down on his bed and shut his eyes. He had imagined life after the war with Gaia to be easy and carefree. Boy was he wrong. He sighed looking at his note book full of sketches and notes. even though the weapons were strong they seemed to be no match for Malice. the name sent shivers down his spine and he closed the book immediately.

"Leo! Leo it's about Calypso where are you!" Leo heard Hazels shouts and jumped from his bed, scrambling towards the door.

"Leo.." Hazel said before he dashed passed her to see two Demeter girl being carried away on stretchers.