🦋Chapter Eleven 🦋

"...im like the current of an ocean, you can't stop my flow....."

Song for the chapter : scared to be lonely by Dua lipa ft Martin Garrix

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ashley layed on the cool grass with her eyes closed. Today was Timi's burial but she could bring herself to attend it, she was sure her parents were glad when she said she couldn't go. Timi was not close with her but he was still her brother. She couldn't sleep a wink last night till this morning and when it was seven, she bathed, threw on a short and tee then came over to Timi's house. Mrs Adeshina wasn't at home and she was grateful because since that night, she had been looking at her like she was a ghost. When she came she met only Ayo home and he said he had decided to take a day off to spend time with her.

Ayo tapped on his phone as he sat besides her. His twitching smile couldn't be missed amongst the message notifications. Ashley smiled as she studied his face. Ayo was a handsome boy no doubt and he had a good heart. Ashley didn't know if she saw Ayo as a friend or more than a friend. Whenever she sees him she feels wierd in her tummy. She hasn't felt this way but then she didn't know what love was.

Aye loved her right?. He was always there for her. He was a shoulder she could lean on, the best and only friend she had. Ayo never questioned her or forced her to talk to him. It wasn't like he didn't care; but because he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around him.

"What's love?". Ashley blurted out before she could stop the words from coming out. She closed her eyes and slapped herself mentally. She didn't want Ayo to think less of her.

"Love is a beautiful thing. Love is being able to give someone your whole heart, time and soul because you trust that person as much as you trust yourself. It's a feeling that couldn't be described, love is everywhere but finding it is most difficult and love is more beautiful if the other person loves you as much as you love them". Ayo explained and Ashley smiled, the way Ayo said it made her feel more bolder and she wanted to have that kind of feeling Ayo just explained.

"You're in loovvveee ei'?. Ayo teased and raised his eyebrows in a playful manner. Ashley laughed at his foolishness.

"Who's the guy?. Is he someone I know?". Ayo rubbed his chin and layed on the grass but Ashley layed sideways propping an elbow.

"Yes!".

"Wow I cant wait to......". But Ayo was cut short by a kiss from Ashley. He didn't see it coming and it shocked him how bold enough she was to make a move.

"I love you Ayo". Ashley said as she broke the kiss. But Ayo stood up quickly as if he stung by something. He shook his head and took backward steps.

"Princess you can't love me. I-i  can't lie to you. I have a girlfriend". Those words stung Ashley just the way her moms words did but this one weakened her whole system. She couldn't believe that Ayo had a girlfriend.

"What did you just say?. You're lying!. You're joking Ayo". She shook her head too. She was waiting for Ayo to laugh as usual and tell her it was one of his crazy joke but Ayo's face was cold.

"I don't love you. I have a girlfriend and her name is Chioma. She's a nice person. I've always wanted to tell you but then I didn't know how. I wanted to tell you when you meet her but.....". Aye explained but Ashley zoned out. He was saying the truth and like they say the truth hurts.

"Shut up!. Why didn't you tell me right from the beginning. You led me on till now and you're telling.....

"Princess please calm down".

"Don't call me that!. Your princess is in whereso ever she is. So don't call me princess, baby or whatever stupid name you do because I hate you right now". Ashley stood up and walked away. She cleaned the tears that poured down furiously but then they didn't stop.

"Prin- Ashley!. Wait, please come back". Ayo ran after her. He never saw her as a girlfriend but as a friend. The first day her met her he felt like they would be good friends but not boyfriends and girlfriends. What's wrong in making friends with someone without having any other intentions.

"Leave me alone!. You're just like everyone. Y'all lead me and then dump me in a big hole and I just keep falling deeper into it, break my heart and make my insomnia worse day by day. Don't call me or text me. Forget me Ayo because I can't be friends with you". They were right outside Ayo's gate and they know people could hear them but none of them could care less.

"Please princess. Don't make decisions in a haste. Calm down we can both.... "

"I've made up my mind. You're a monster and I hope you rot in hell". Ashley spun around and flagged a tricycle. Ayo couldn't move from that spot as the last words Ashley screamed cut him deep. He didn't want to toy with her feelings because he respected her but right now he wished he had never met her because the pain he felt was indescribable.

🦋

Ashley didn't go home after that but to a river. A river which was almost at the outskirts of town. She had heard of rivers calming down the pain in your heart and the sounds calm your broken soul so that's where she went. On getting there, she sat on the sand and stared at the river for over an hour but she still felt the same, it was all lies. Everyone was lying to her and it vexed her, no one cared if she hurts or if their actions hurt her. Her phone rang for the hundredth time but she did not pick up. She was sure it was Ayo and she wasn't ready to speak to him so she switched off her phone.

Lean on me, when you're not strong🦋❤😊