🦋Chapter Twelve🦋

This chapter is dedicated to SherryGold. I love you besfrenn 😊😊❤. Even though you're a pain in the ass🙄

"..... One day surely we go blow....... "

Song for the chapter: time by NF

.
.
.
.
.

Ashley had been sitting like that for a while, no interruption from anyone and no distractions, she felt light and felt her whole body become normal again but as much as she wanted to remain that way, the environment was getting much colder and she needed to get home before its to late to find a tricycle.

She trekked on the lonely pathway that leads to the main street. It was very lonely which made her shiver in fear. She took out her phone and switched it on. The notifications came pouring and one that caught her eyes was the twenty missed calls before she switched off her phone. So Ayo was that desperate to reach out to her she thought. She tapped on the notification and was about to delete Ayos number when she saw four missed call from: Mr James . Her father!. He never calls not to talk of four missed calls and at that moment Ashley knew something was wrong so she did the only thing that could get her out of here quickly. Run

🦋

Ashley banged hard on the door when she got home. One: because she felt someone was following her, two the freaking door was locked- one thing that rarely happens because of the tight security in the estate.

The door swung open and revealed a shrunken state of her father. Ashley thought he looked so slim over the days and she wasn't sure if it was Timi's death or something. He stepped aside to let Ashley inside and he locked the door after her.

"Good evening sir". Ashley greeted.

"Your mother is dead". He blurted out looking at the ground.

Ashley couldn't believe what he just said. "My what?". She blinked severally trying to catch her breath.

"Your mother -i-i-i came ba-c-ck and d-d-i-nt......". He stuttered as he tried to speak. Ashley could swear that she saw a tear roll down but he cleaned it immediately it came.

"Sir, calm down. Calm down. Breathe in, out". She instructed her father to calm down and she ran to get a glass of water to drink. He threw the water and all the glass shattered on the brown tiles.

"Daddy but please".

"Shut up. You don't get it do you!. You don't. Your mother is dead because of overdose of whatever drug she took".

"Because of you. You killed her because of your stupid demands about wanting her to be something she isn't". Ashley screamed as she spoke. She was getting fed up about everything. Her father is acting like he wasn't the reason why her mother died.

"What are you saying!".

"I'm saying that you killed her. You killed her because of some stupid standards you set up about wanting her to be slim and curvy. Do you think it's easy for her?, she carried two children which you gave her, joggled it with work and everything and you had to be ungrateful to her. You didn't even stop her when she took those drugs, you didn't even make her feel as if she was a woman. You didn't eve......".

"Shut up. Who are you to judge me?. Let's not forget the woman you're defending here with your veins popping out is the same woman who hated you like you weren't her blood. Who made your anxiety and depression worse. Who didn't come to your room the nights you had nightmares...

"Stop!". Ashley begged.

"The same woman who said you disgusted her. Who said you were a witch".

"Stop!".

"The same woman who said you ruined her marriage. Who hated you over the years". Ashley closed her ears as the tears rolled down her cheeks. The memories came flooding and she couldn't stop them.

"The same woman who did nothing when you were abused by your therapist".

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up please stop". Ashleys heart shrunk in pain. She crouched on the floor like a little girl

Why are you crying

"I'm not crying"

"The voices still talk to you?". He questioned laughing. He knew the voices had not stopped over the years. He knew Ashley was a weakling, and manipulating her was easy.

"I thought they stopped. Your mother did nothing to save you...

"Shut up. In case you've forgotten you were my parent too and you did nothing. So don't blame it on only her. Do not!". Ashley grabbed her phone and headed for the door. She was fed up and needed someone to talk to.

"I don't regret what I did. I don't regret putting overdose again in her water, tea, pap, food  and everything she used to take them. I'll kill her even if she appears right now. I'll kill.... ". His words were cut short by a resounding slap from Ashley.

"I curse the day I met you. You're a beast and none of us deserved you. I renounce you as my father". Ashley ran out of the house and let the cool breeze brush through her ears as she ran to flag down a tricycle.

🦋

Ashley was surprised the gate to Ayo's house was wide open and she stepped in to meet everywhere a bit rowdy. Women walked In and out of the house with sad faces. Ashley became scared, she tried asking some women what the matter was but none of them gave her an answer so she walked into the sitting room. Loud wails could be heard as Ashley approached the door, some women were trying so hard to console a woman who was rolling on the floor. Ashley wondered where Mrs Adeshina was, she knew if she was around she wouldn't let this amount of people in her house let alone let this woman roll on her floor. Ashley took one glance at the woman and noticed it was no other than Mrs Adeshina.

She ran quickly and crouched besides her. Mrs Adeshina noticed it was Ashley and hugged her while screaming.

"They took him Ashley. They took my son! ". The mucus in Mrs Adeshina's nose was dripping on Ashley's shorts but she didn't mind. She wanted to know what happened to Ayo.

"Who took him?". Ashley asked trying to hold the woman in place.

"Fire!. Fire!. A fire outbreak occurred in the restaurant. And he didn't want to go today, he told me he didn't want to go. But he called me later this afternoon to tell me he wants to work to take his mind of something"

"Someone mistakenly left the gas cylinder on and they said another striked matches, my son burnt down beyond recognition". Mrs Adeshina cried out.

"No. I spoke to him today! ". Ashley screamed.

"He was fine!". She cried again.

"Ashley. He burnt before my eyes!". Mrs Adeshina screamed making Ashley loose her mind.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I would give up everything and anything to see you again🦋❤

Please follow, vote, comment and share