Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Four Eyes and her Mental Block

"So, you like it here?" Hanji asked with amusement evident in her voice.

Levi didn't respond to her. Hanji took the silence as a yes as she watched him sleeping on her couch. He laid down on his back with one of his legs up on its feet. An opened book was placed on top of his face with his arms crossed.

Despite Levi's foul mouth and brash personality, she never got mad at him. This made Levi satisfied knowing that Hanji isn't a fragile person at heart. She may be talkative but most of the time whenever he's trying to take nap, she'd stay quiet.

It was a rare afternoon. One of those afternoons that Levi couldn't take a nap. He could hear the shifting of chairs and scribbling of her ballpen. The consecutive crumpling of papers and how it thumps on the floor. Levi's hearing is so sensitive that he could hear even the quietest of sound.

Curious, Levi slightly pulled the book on his face up. He looks at Hanji who was seriously dwelling on her work. All of her focus poured into it.

It was the first time he saw Hanji that serious.

Her eyebrows furrowed, eyes not showing even a glint of humor and lips in a grim line.

She suddenly stopped scribbling and sighed. Suddenly turning to him, Levi immediately let go of his book as it immediately plopped down on his face.

"If it goes like that then what if..." A pause. "No, that's not right---" Another pause.

Levi decided to just close his eyes and put all of his work into making his body rest.

Hanji let out a squeal making Levi open his eyes at her sudden noise.

"What the hell, four eyes?" He mumbled under the book.

"Oh, you're actually awake Levi?"

He wanted to roll his eyes. Obviously, tch.

"Well... you know... I just found out the origin of a certain specimen through trusted browsers and sites. It was actually only theories yet I couldn't help but use those to connect the dots." She started her rumblings, "And then... I found an interesting result. Wherein a compound was formed and each element was practically like evaporating and is currently unusable. It might---"

"I don't give a shit." Levi reminded her.

Hanji laughed and soon after, silence came. This is what usually happens every single day. As soon as Hanji rambles about something, Levi would immediately stop her because he just simply doesn't care about any of it.

---

Hanji was stressed out about something.

Her hair was messier than the usual, the number of crumpled papers on the floor is more than the usual and she's been shifting back and forth on her own chair for like an hour now. He was currently at her side, picking up all the mess she left behind.

Holding hair pen and slightly nibbling at the upper tip of it, Hanji is in a daze with her eyebrows furrowed.

Stealing a glance at her work, he noticed that there's not even a single word on it.

Levi found the situation amusing. So even an intelligent freak like Hanji does have moments like this.

The whole stay there, Levi never said a word. He liked the lingering silence in the atmosphere. A quiet Hanji isn't for every day. It probably only happens once in a month.