Chapter 16

Chapter 16.

Sounds of footsteps on the porcelain floor echoed through the whole building. The stomping was complemented by the heavy breathing of the brunette who just dashed through the front door, eyebrows furrowed and a forlorn look on her face.

She slumped on the sofa, junking her bag beside her.

"That stupid, stupid, stuuupid midget!" She repeated all over again.

Words ringing like acid in her mind, reliving the exact words that Levi spat out saying that he should've kissed someone else---that stupid midget!

A realization dawned into her, an image flashed before her eyes showing how his pale cheeks got painted with a red handprint mark on it.

Regretting, she slapped both her cheeks in frustration yet again, "What have I done?" She brought her hands down and literally facepalmed herself, "Oh my god! I shouldn't have done that!"

She has gone hysterical. Torn between satisfaction for finally emptying the urge to slap Levi or regret for hurting him.

On the other hand, the poor raven-haired man who just had a nightmare slapped right into his face was spacing out.

As he entered through the front door of his house, his Uncle Kenny happened to be standing by the doorsteps, tying the laces of his shoe.

Upon noticing the presence of his niece, he looked up and a smug look on his face after seeing the handprint on his cheek.

"Ya sure are growing fast, brat." He snickered at him as if the whole ordeal was amusing. "Finally met someone who could kick your ass, huh?"

"Shut up, Kenny."

Ignoring his Uncle, he went upstairs and locked himself in his room. Exhausted, he sat on his bed and stared into space. Mind completely blank and that certain scenario playing all over again like a broken cinematic tape.

The way those tears trailed down her huffed out cheeks and the look of disappointment in her face totally stung him hard.

What a shitty day, he thinks.

His eyes roamed around his whole room and eventually came to a halt on the mirror in front of him. Hanji's handprint was still pretty clear in his cheek and it hurts like shit.

Annoyance crept unto him, slightly annoyed at the brunette for hurting him like that and certainly disgusted at himself for making her cry.

He doesn't know how to face her the next day.

Thus, when he entered the room of his club, he was met by the usual calm face of Erwin Smith who was sitting by his computer chair and typing things on his laptop. Levi sat on the chair across him with a distant look on his face.

Upon noticing Levi's mood, the blond stopped on his tracks and chose to pay attention to the raven-haired man who seemed to be problematic.

"Something wrong, Levi?" Erwin starts to interrogate.

Levi looked at him with an unconvinced look, "Is it that obvious?"

"You always look distant but according to the way Hanji has been acting these days, then there must be something wrong."

"Then isn't it supposed to be her who finally had loose screws in her head?"

"Well, I concluded that you would be the most affected with her sudden personality change."

Groaning, Levi dug his back on the backrest of his chair, "That's stupid."

"Not really. It is by far the most probable kind of scenario." Erwin states then added, "You did something to her?"