Chapter 14

Chapter 14.

Days passed like a whirlwind. Hanji was left in her huge mansion, keeping the whole place to herself. Sitting by her study table, she twirls her pen as she leaned on the backrest of her chair, deep in thoughts and eyebrows ceased.

A knock came on her door which broke her from her trance. Sitting up straight, she turned her head towards it.

"It's Nifa, Miss Hanji." She says from outside, voice a little bit muffled. "Mrs. Zoe has informed me of her sudden business trip with your father this coming 23rd of December and they'd be back before New Year."

Without a response, the figure outside the door went away, sounds of footsteps getting further away. Hanji could only sigh at the piece of information, leaning back unto her seat. It's not really surprising anymore. These kinds of scenarios are what the brunette had been living in for the past seventeen years of her life. Christmas and New Year had been an event spent for herself alone.

Eyeing the phone beside her pile of books, she reached for it. A certain name hollowing inside her head, curiosity sky-rocketed upon remembering.

Smiling absent-mindedly, the brunette started to type unto her screen. The same crease forming on her forehead, obviously having a hard time.

Weird, sending a text has never been this difficult before, she thinks.

Hanji: Hey, you busy?

It did not take long to get a reply back. Hanji was astounded by the fact.

Levi: A little.

Hanji: Oh, then are you free this Christmas?

Waiting for the second reply was quite a feat, thirty minutes passed yet there was still no response from Levi.

Leaving her room, she went downstairs to get herself a bag of cookies and a jar of milk. Hunger took over her system upon waiting for Levi's response. She passed through the opened double doors of their library, the pile of books on the ground catching her attention. Making her way towards the pile, she grabbed a certain book and read the front cover.

Titans, from 2000 years.

What a strange book, she thinks. Titans? Is it referring to her favorite band?

Obviously taking an interest, she brought the book with her upstairs. As she turned the doorknob to her room, her phone suddenly rung which broke Hanji out of her giddy state at the mysterious book. She hurriedly ran towards the buzzing phone.

It was Levi, she gasps and a foreign feeling washed over her.

Answering it, she says, "Hey shorty!"

"Hey." His voice was raspy. It sent a chill down her spine; it is their first time talking over the phone. Shit. Levi's voice... is so manly? "Sorry, it took me long to message you back. I just did my laundry."

"No, no. It's fine!" She answers, over-enthusiastic. "So? Are you in for it?"

"Well... I had nothing to do anyway."

"Really? How about your Uncle?" Unlike her, Levi had his Uncle with him. Maybe she'll get in their way of family time.

Levi chuckles a deep one. "He'll go spend it with his band. Like always."

"Oh? Should I feel bad for you?"

"The hell." Boy, how she misses the way he cursed on that monotone of his. "Why don't you text the full details? It's better to remember that way."