The Mornings

The sound of my mother's voice came calling as i recollect my senses from my blurring mind. I reached for my phone and turned off my mother's recorded voice alarm. I had told her to yell 'Wake up! Wake up! You're gonna be late!' so that i could use it for my alarm ringtone. Works like a charm.

             The clock read 6:00 am as i draged myself out of my heavenly bed. Winter is the best time to sleep in bed but the worst time to wake up. I wish i could hibernate through winter. Mumbling to myself of how I'm gonna sleep till 9:00am during the holidays, i head to the bathroom to wash my face. I usually don't do showers because i read that taking two baths a day can spoil your skin, so why have shower in the morning to get all sweaty during the day and go home to have a bath again.

               It felt like my face turned to a block of ice as the water got contact with my face. The magnetic pull of the tempting bed rose as I went inside the room. I asked myself the same question that I asked every morning, 'who the f**k invented school'

                Putting my uniform on, I head to the kitchen to see my grandmother cooking for breakfast. The usual morning. My mom takes care of our shop so she leaves early in the morning and comes home late in the evening. My dad, as usual, is still sleeping as well as my two older brothers.

            I poured myself a cup of tea, and take out some biscuits for my breakfast, my grandmother looking at me disapprovingly for my choice of breakfast. Our traditional tea not your healthy cup of tea, it's an indian tea so the contents are lots of tea leaves, boil it till the tea looks like black coffee, pour milk in it, and two spoons of sugar, nothing could beat it, not even the delicate moonlight harvest darjeeling tea that is ridiculously expensive.

               By 7:40am i was ready to go to school but i have to wait for my father to get ready because he's the one who drops me off to school, unfortunately.

                Dad dropping his daughter to school may be a cute scenario for others, but for me, it's one of my dreaded daily routine. Since first day of nursery to my final year of middle school, i had to do something, something that i don't want others to see, something that I have been dreading to do since 4th grade. That something is, kissing my father's cheeks on the compound of my school where everyone can see, and sometimes it's not only that, my father would sometimes shout 'Good luck!' just as I'm about to enter school gates.
I love my dad, i really do, but that doesn't mean that his actions does not embarrassed me.

                   Arriving to my classroom, i always saw my best friend Rin(it's actually not her real name but rather a nickname) along with some other early birds. She and i get along really well because we don't like to socialize with others that is not in our circle, and our choices in anime and wattpad novels are same.

              I arrived early because of other things too. One thing is that i will have enough time to copy homeworks from Rin that i forgot to do at home and also the other thing is Joseph 😊.