Arc 1.5

In the middle of the night there was a dead silence. Suddenly, the ruffling of bed sheets were heard, but no one woke up because they were all in a deep sleep.

Nan XiSheng got out of bed and looked towards the other end and saw that his senior brother was sound asleep.

Then, he stealthily walked out of the tent without making a single sound and started to head towards a certain direction.

The moment he went out, the "sleeping" Zero opened is eyes and also got out of bed.

[Host, it's time! Make sure not to mess this up, alright! If you do, it'll leave a stain on my records as well!]

'Yeah, yeah. I know, let's go and get this over with'

[...] The usually talkative system stayed silent because it could sense its host's turbulent emotions. It wondered why there was a bit of sadness and anger mixed within, however that was none of it's business because 005 was programmed to put the mission before everything. As long as it's host finishes the missions, 005 has fulfilled it's role.

Or that's how it's supposed to go, but as they spend more time together in the future, 005 would come to be able to even defy the creator for the sake of it's host.

Nan XiSheng kept on walking until he reached the end of a very tall cliff. Zero, who was behind him, saw that he bent down and dug up some kind of stone. The stone was very rich in color as it had a beautiful golden hue that can make you unconsciously attracted to it and like any other person, Zero felt the same. However, instead of "attracted", he felt more like it belongs to him, like it was originally a part of him, which confused him very  much. His entire being and soul was yelling "Give it back! Thief! Give back what's mine!", but at the very last second, he regained his rationality and didn't mindlessly attack Nan XiSheng.

Just as Nan XiSheng was going to sit down and meditate beside the jewel, Zero got into role and strutted out from behind the bushes like a typical villain.

"Well, well! What do we have here? The infamous trash coming out late at the night and sneaking around!" 

As if he had been electrocuted, Nan XiSheng suddenly jolted around and eyed Zero with extreme wariness, "S-Senior Brother Liu! I was training.."

"Oho? Then do you mind telling me what is that you are hiding behind you?"

Nan XiSheng revealed the stone that he was hiding and said, "It's just a stone.."

Zero pretended to have just identified it and exclaimed, "Oh my! Isn't that the core of a Nascent Soul stage beast? You're supposed to hand over all the goods to me! Junior Brother Nan couldn't have been thinking of keeping it to himself, right? Tsk tsk, what a disgrace!" 

Hearing this sentence, Nan XiSheng's heart dropped. He knew that this senior brother of his must've found out about the stone, but he wouldn't budge and just glared at Zero.

As is receiving a confirmation, Zero's eyes lit up, then he mocked, "Seems like I've been too easy on you these days? You damn brat, now you're even defying your dear senior brother, huh?!"

Then in less than a split second, Zero appeared behind Nan XiSheng and grabbed the stone from him. 

By the time he realized that the stone was gone from his hands, Zero was already back in his previous position, but with and extra object.

"GIVE IT BACK!", Nan XiSheng cried out as he rushed towards Zero with the intention of taking back the stone. However, due to his low cultivation, it was obvious who the winner would be.

Zero straightforwardly sent a kick towards the small figure rushing in, and he toppled backwards, almost falling down the cliff. With one hand barely hanging onto the edge, he eyed Zero with endless resentment.