Arc 1.15

After a short moment, the surroundings began to morph into some sort of eerie looking forest. When Zero opened his eyes, he was greeted with the sight of barren lands, dries up trees, and a humongous castle. 

He looked around and found that the others have also safely teleported to the destination and went over to them. It wasn't their first time experiencing teleportation, so all of them quickly recovered from their slight dizziness. 

"Since there's nothing but this huge building, I'm assuming that this is the so-called secret base of our enemy?" Yang Zhelan scratched his head as he looked around, "I don't remember there being such a place in this realm, but then again, we honestly haven't been around much because Lady Liu was always keeping an eye on us. I wonder why she would even allow such a gloomy place to exist!"

"Can we focus on the main point? For all we know, Hua-er might be in danger, so we have no time for your rambling. Let's figure out a way to get inside without anyone noticing us.", Zero said.

"I don't think there's much use in that. There are practically no trees around and we're basically standing out in the open. I'm pretty sure they noticed us a long time ago and maybe even expected our arrival. The easiest way to get inside would be to just charge in from the front." Nan XiSheng was scared that his darling would misunderstand so he quickly tried to explain himself, "Of course, shixiong's suggestion was very good as well and it shows how he was worried about everyone..."

"It's okay, let's follow your suggestion. I didn't take those points into account and that definitely is the most efficient way to break into the enemy's base.", Zero replied, unknowingly softening his tone by a few degrees.

"Shixiong..." Nan XiSheng felt touched. His darling actually cared about him so much!

Zero just smiled at him, "Don't mind. It just shows how capable you are when it comes to decision making."

"Ahem!"

Zero looked at the person who just coughed while Nan XiSheng shot them a death glare. 

Yang Zhelan, the person who interrupted this sweet moment, rolled his eyes gave the two a 'you can stuff other with your stupid dog food after we resolve this' look.

*dog food = PDA (Public Display of Affection)

Zero, with his low ass EQ, didn't understand the underlying meaning behind his gaze, but Nan XiSheng secretly noted the other down as the number one person he wants to take revenge on in the future.

As the only observer in all this, Zhang Jing just covered her mouth and giggled at their silly actions. Suddenly all the gazes were directed at her and she instantly stopped laughing as she awkwardly looked the other way.

"Let's just.. barge in, yeah?"

This time, everyone just nodded without saying another word as they tactically started to advance towards the castle.

With nowhere to vent his feelings of frustration at being interrupted, Nan XiSheng went and smashed down the enormous door with a single kick.

As expected, the instant they decided the launch their attack, dark shadows rushed out from the opening left by the place where the majestic door used to be and rushed towards the four.

Right after they stepped outside, Yang Zhelan instantly swept his spear at the group of attackers and they instantly collapsed at the place where they were hit. 

When Zero got a better look at their faces, he realized that they weren't like the girl in the blood red dress they met inside the maze, but more like Eleven, who tried to attack him and Nan XiSheng earlier.