Chapter 5 - Confirming

Maya and Shawn were sitting at the doctor's office waiting to hear her name being called.
Maya has been through some bad morning sickness through the morning.
Maya wasn't actually sure what to do but if course Shawn was acting like a pretty protective father.

"Everything will be fine. You'll see," Shawn said.
"Maya Hart? You can come in."

Maya and Shawn stood up as they went I side the office.
Maya laid down on thr bed as the doctor put gel on her stomach.
Instantly revealing a baby both Maya and Shawn know this is real.

"Okay so this is states a early pregnancy. Ten weeks I'll say. You don't have anything to worry about just yet."
"Thank you."

~

"So it's real?" Katy asked and Shawn looked at Maya who was bowling her eyes out.
"Yeah. She says it's ten weeks so it's still early," Shawn said and looked at Maya.
"Sweetheart what do you want to do? Do you want to keep the baby?" Shawn asked.
"I can't think properly," Maya said running her fingers through her hair.
"You don't have to decide right now. Take your time. You are still early," Katy said.
"Josh," Maya said and Shawn knew what she meant.
"Have you told him yet?" Shawn asked.
"After that night he didn't want contact anymore," Maya said as she wiped her face.
"Okay then. Tell him quickly and decide together. This isn't the end of the world."
"Thank you Uncle Shawn," Maya said and gave him a hug.
"No problem Kiddo. But let's try and find out what we're gonna do next before you thank me."
"I think I want to keep the baby," Maya said.
"What about picking up on your YouTube channel again? Just to keep you busy," Katy said.
"Good idea. I'm gonna lay down," Maya said and went to her room.