Reignited

Italics = Thoughts

Timeskip - 1 Week

(Y/N)'s POV

For the most part things have gone back to normal. School carried on with its boring self. Yang and I are still talking, but not like we used to. Ever since that day we've grown distant. I don't know why, but it hurt.

Maybe she finally realized how much of a monster I am. If that was the case then I wouldn't blame her. It was for the best if she stayed away. That way I wouldn't hurt her.

It was the end of the day and we were all in Professor Goodwitch's battle class. Jaune was fighting Cardin and it wasn't going so well. His form was sloppy and he didn't check his aura level. The buzzer sounded meaning the match had ended.

Glynda: "That's the match. Mister Winchester is the victor. Mister Ark's aura is in the red. In a tournament this means he would be disqualified." She turned her attention to Jaune. "It's been weeks Mister Ark and there hasn't been much improvement. Please refer to your guide. We have enough time for one more match."

Cardin: "I have a fight Professor." He held a cocky grin like the tool he was.

Glynda: "That would be Mister Winchester." He lifted his hand and pointed it at me.

Cardin: "My team versus (Y/N)." Everyone in the audience whispered between one another.

Glynda: "A 4v1 is not accepted amongst first year students." I stood to my feet and cracked my knuckles.

(Y/N): "I don't have a problem Professor." I jumped from the stand and walked to the center. The rest of his lackeys did the same and followed me.

Glynda: "As you wish." She tapped her pad and our aura levels showed up on the screen above. We stood opposite of each other and readied ourselves. She lifted her hand in the air. "Begin!"

Third Person POV

Cardin and his team rushed forward while (Y/N) walked up to them. He dodged an attack from Dove and tripped Sky. Cardin tried to land a hit, but he deflected it with Huǒyàn. Russel came from behind, but fell to the ground when (Y/N) landed a swift kick between the legs.

The team was sloppy at best and couldn't even land a single hit on him. (Y/N) was calm and collected. If they wanted to even try and land a hit they needed a distraction. Unknown to (Y/N), Cardin knew exactly what to say. He clashed with (Y/N) and held him in place.

Cardin: "I couldn't help but overhear something from last week." This caught (Y/N)'s attention. "How does it feel to kill your family?"

This enraged (Y/N) and made him lose focus. Sky rushed from the side and hit his head. (Y/N) jumped back with a ringing in his ear. His face however told a different story. If looks could kill then they would have been dead on the spot.

(Y/N): "Hold your tongue." He brought Huǒyàn up to his face and pointed it in their direction. "Or I'll cut it out for you."

Cardin: "Struck a nerve didn't I. Ya know it must feel horrible." (Y/N) was visibly shaking with rage at this point. He could feel something swelling inside him. "Poor mommy and daddy killed by their own blood. What a baby."

Something finally snapped inside of him. His mind went blank and all he could feel was rage. All he could see was red. Flames erupted from his plans and snared around his arms. They stopped at his shoulders.

(Y/N): "How are your flames so strong papa?" He bounced (Y/N) on his knee playfully.

Papa: "This is what gives us strength." He tapped his chest with two fingers. "Our heart is what makes us strong. The emotions we feel can fule our fire."

The flames slowly crept along Huǒyàn until it was encased in a golden red hue. The heat was so intense it melted the concert flooring around him.

Papa: "But never let your emotions consume you."

(Y/N): "RRAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!" His feet bolted him forward and clashed with Carson's mace. It cleanly cut the weapon in half and Cardin dropped to the ground. He barely dodged the attack and (Y/N) flew over them.

(Y/N) pivoted on his heel and sprung back towards them. A purple bubble encased Carson's team as (Y/N) landed his strike. Professor Goodwitch had her crop pointed at the boys.

Glynda: "That's enough (Y/N)!!" Her words didn't reach him and he kept slashing at the bubble. Each slash managed to leave a crack on the purple wall. Professor Goodwitch was trying her best to keep it from breaking.

He gave one finally slash and it shattered to pieces. Professor Goodwitch collapsed to ground and Cardin's teammates left him.

Cardin: "I-I-I'm s-s-sorry!!!!" He begged for his life, but none of it reached (Y/N). He hovered his sword in the air, but it instead fell and clattered to the ground.

A soft sensation graced his lips. His consciousness slowly brought him back and he saw who it was. A girl with flowing blonde hair. Tears in her eyes and caring arms wrapped around him.

(Y/N): "Hey papa." He looked at his son who held a worried look. "What happens if it does take control?"

Tears formed in the boys eyes and they shut. Her lips were his salvation. The flames around him extinguished and he embraced her. It was an act neither would forget.

Papa: "The people who love us will stop it." They both smiled at his answer.

(Y/N)'s POV

Although my Sembelance has deactivated I could still feel that fire in my chest. She pulled away from me and our eyes opened.

Yang: "You idiot." Her arms never let go of me. Her face buried itself into my chest. Tears were staining my shirt, but I didn't care. "Don't scare me."

(Y/N): "I'm sorry Yang. For everything." My embrace tighten around her. We stayed like that for what seemed to be an eternity. If it weren't for the people looking at us then we would have.

Glynda: "Mister (L/N) is the winner." We separated and my eyes started down Cardin. He looked at me with fear. My hands grabbed his collar and I decked him in the face.

(Y/N): "You will not speak a world about my family. If you do then I will end you." He shook his head and I retrieved Huǒyàn. Yang and I walked out of the arena and back to our dorm.

We entered it and no one was inside. Guess the others knew to give us some alone time. I sat on my bed and Yang was next to me.

Yang: "What happened (Y/N)?" A small sighed escaped from me.

(Y/N): "He heard what we talked about that night. He used it to get under my skin. Made me lose control and break my vow." Yang placed her hand in mine and rubbed her finger against my palm.

Yang: "I'm going kill him." Her lilac eyes turned red. My hand squeezed hers and she returned to normal. "(Y/N)."

(Y/N): "It's alright Yang. I let my emotions fuel my fire and went against my father's advice." I let go of her hand and brought her close to my chest. "But I know now that you'll be there. It will take some work to move past this, but we'll do it together."

Yang: "Together." She nuzzled into my side. So this is love? So this is what you meant old man.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.