Chapter 4-Invitations in the Making

Cat Noir finally arrives at the Dupain-Cheng bakery, where he knew a pretty, pink princess was in her tower. He crawled down to one of her open windows and sat outside, listening in.

Marinette was hard at work on the invitations for the other miraculous owners. She had decided to use red cards with black spots and then a different color for each of her friends.

Tikki handed her a pen. "I believe that with all your friends as your superhero companions, you'll finally be able to defeat Hawk Moth!"

Marinette chuckled at her kwami's enthusiasm and then looked at her seriously. "I think Cat Noir should know their identities and teams as well. I trust him so much and he's my partner."

"You could also say he's your "kitty cat"?" asked the kwami with a smirk on her face. Marinette gave her an annoyed look.

"You know I love Adrien, Tikki. And I've made that perfectly clear to Cat Noir that I'm in love with someone else."

"Yes, but what if Cat Noir was Adrien... Would you accept his love in return if he was Adrien under the mask?"

Marinette looked tiredly at Tikki and got up from her chair, pacing. "Of course, Tikki. You know I would, but I highly doubt Cat Noir is Adrien. They're total opposites. Cat Noir is pun happy, goofy, sometimes a hot head, but he can also be sensitive and deep with his feelings like Adrien."

"I mean they're both blond and Cat noir does have green eyes, I figured that out when we switched miraculouses. They're the same height and weight I guess because of all the times I've swung Adrien through Paris trying to get away from villians they both love Jagged Stone, they're good at fencing and sword play."

"Cat Noir has offered some aspects of his personal life like he calls his dad "father" which tells me he doesnt have the best relationship with his dad, his mother isn't mentioned, his worst dream is me as Ladybug never returning his love and becoming evil, he plays Ultimate Mega Strike 3, is always alone or doesnt really have friends over. You're right, Tikki."

"Cat Noir does sound a lot like Adrien. Actually, if you really listen to a few things Adrien says, he does make a few puns here and there. Adrien being so tired on the trip to London, basically as tired as I was, makes sense too. And now his poem actually makes sense too."

"The one from Valentine's Day?"

Marinette nodded her head. "Yeah, that one! I mean black hair, bluebell eyes, disguise, I see Cat Noir also everyday. And when Dark Cupid used the anti-love arrow on Cat Noir, the lesson Ms. Boustier gave that day was "true love's kiss" breaks the spell doesnt true love mean that BOTH parties have to love each other? If only Cat Noir loved me when I kissed him, then it wouldnt have worked."

Tikki thought about what Marinette had said before replying. "You do have really good points, Marinette. You are the New Guardian, you could reveal yourself to Cat Noir and ask him to do the same. But you also have to consider Kagami and Luka being a miraculous holders and if they found out either of you being Cat Noir or Ladybug then they'd probably want to be a couple as superheroes as well as civilians."

"Yes, but Luka knows I really like Adrien and Kagami knows it too but she thinks her and Adrien are far more compatible together than him and I. I dont know Tikki." Marinette shakes her head. "Maybe I shouldn't tell Cat Noir, even though I know he's really dying to know. But Adrien wasnt suitable for the snake miraculous, how can he able to use the black cat miraculous?"

"The snake and black cat miraculous are different that you cannot compare them. Different miraculous are made for different kinds of people. It only matters what you are able to wield, that becomes your strength," explained the Kwami.

Marinette shrugs and stops pacing. "I guess your right, Tikki. Maybe I should tell Cat Noir I'm Ladybug. At least he wouldnt have to wonder anymore, right?"

"Also, you would make his day purrrfect." Tikki started giggling at her own pun, which annoyed Marinette.

Marinette rolled her eyes at her kwami. "Hahaha, you're so funny, Tikki. I better finish these invites before it gets too late."

Marinette sat at her desk once again, concentrating on finishing the invites.

Cat Noir, all the while listening in, is completely shocked that MARINETTE IS LADYBUG!

"Finally, I've found you M'lady! Always by my side, making sure everything is alright. It makes perfect sense that Marinette is Ladybug, there isn't any other person more perfect for the job. The response to my poem DID come from Ladybug but as her civilian persona. The "true love's kiss" is also a very good point. And it all makes sense, my mixed feelings for Marinette and Ladybug, they're one and the same."

Cat Noir had heard enough and jumped away, leaving Marinette and Tikki to the rest of their conversation. He returned to his room and transformed.

"CLAWS IN"

Plagg floated near Adrien's head. "Well, did we find out anymore info about Marinette?"

"I found out more than enough that Marinette is Ladybug. She actually made some good points that Cat Noir is me too."

Plagg looked at the boy. "Like what?"

Adrien started listing off what had been said by Marinette. "Well, height, weight, hair and eye color, fencing skills, Jagged stone music, I speak 5 languages, how when I was under Dark Cupid's spell, that "true love's kiss" breaks any spell, but BOTH parties have to be in love with one another for it to work. If I had only loved Ladybug, without her romantically loving me, it wouldnt have worked."

Plagg agreed with the kiss point. "That is a very good point. And we know Marinette really likes you too."

"And I was too oblivious to see at first until it was right in my face." Adrien said as he smacks his forehead.

"You do that, ya know? A lot especially concerning your friends."

Adrien looks at Plagg in confusion. "What do you mean, Plagg?"

Plagg was waiting for this for a long time now and the words just couldn't stop coming.

"You never really see how much Marinette does to make you happy. Like not saying anything about making the scarf that you got on your birthday, making you a special macaroon at the movie premier, giving you a Christmas gift, giving back the book you took from your father's safe."

"She tries to make you happy without getting asking for any credit, just to make you happy. Marinette always puts others first even when it causes her pain. Like, leaving you and Kagami alone after escaping the Bourgeois' anniversary party. She chose the ice cream for you and Kagami when you visited Andre, the sweetheart maker. And the night you made the special surprise for Ladybug, Marinette was waiting for Adrien to come and have a good time with his friends and possibly get matched with her by Andre. But then you as Cat Noir made her night because you shared your feelings with her and then took her to said surprise."

"And I heard from Tikki that after leaving you and Kagami together to have a "special moment", Marinette tried to appear fine but then Luka asked her if something was wrong and she started crying. Luka was there for her when you as either of you wasnt there for Marinette. If you dont actually figure out what you want, its going to be too late and 'M'Lady' wont be available anymore cause Luka will come to her rescue."

Adrien thought about Plagg's words for a long time.

It was true that he didnt really notice when Marinette did little things for him but maybe he should look at them again. While he liked Kagami, Ladybug or Marinette was the love of his life and then the threat of Luka being in the picture is definitely concerning.

While thinking of Plagg's words, Adrien started getting ready for bed, giving himself some time to think this through.